Flu

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Had it for 3 days now, hardly left my bed :puke:
Anyone else got it

Regular (woman) flu or the more virulent and deadly Man Flu?

Influenza? Or a really bad cold?
If you still feel like kack in a fortninght we'll let you claim 'flu :)

Regular (woman) flu or the more virulent and deadly Man Flu?

Oh yeah forgot about man flu, must just be a bad cold then...

I'm so lucky....

:thumbsdown:
Influenza? Or a really bad cold?
If you still feel like kack in a fortninght we'll let you claim 'flu :)

If it involves crawling to the bathroom, I have the real one :(

its a bit early in the season for real flu - there are some nasty cold viruses arround which have those symptoms (huge arse had the same sort of thing last week)

Loyds Pharmacies are doing flu jabs for 9 quid, handy if you don't get free ones!

check to see if you are entitled to a free flu jab. you you live with someone that has to have them you are entitled to have them too. And the pneumonia one

It's the real flu, called the Doc's yesterday morning, told not to go there, as I live on my own they sent a locum round, turned up at about 9pm just in case it was anything worse like pneumonia

I'm thinking we are in for a bad winter, get the jab if you can

Last edited:
Fingers crossed and probably tempting fate, had real flu once (didnt much like it), never get colds, I reckon its all my food allergies keeping stuff at bay.
(Allergic to dairy produce mainly, cream, cheese, egss, animal fats and artificial colourants).

Keep yourself dosed up with fluids and a bottle of whiskey seems to kill off most things :)

Can't stand whiskey but if anyone wants to send round some brandy or dark rum....

check to see if you are entitled to a free flu jab. you you live with someone that has to have them you are entitled to have them too. And the pneumonia one

Trouble is, the 'flu vaccine only covers a small percentage of the strains out there.

Just hoping to hell that I don't get influenza or any other sort of winter infection, bad enough considering that half my immune system is crippled through a genetic immunodeficiency condition so I'm highly susceptible to infections (and they take soooo long to go), but even if I get vaccinated (which I do every year) theres no guarantee of it working as I usually can't form the proper immune response against it (out of all those childhood vaccinations I found that only Tetanus actually worked!)

I do get intravenous immunoglobulin G infusions every 3 weeks that give me protection against a lot of infections (all the usual ones that are vaccinated against [but not influenza as it changes every year] and a few more) so hopefully I will be o.k this year (except for an all winter and spring cold that I get every year!)

I lost nearly 4 weeks at the start if this year to two seperate bouts of proper flu, first time I've had it in over 20 years. I think I only got the second bout because I didn't give myself time to recover the first time. Being self employed meant no work, no pay, but it was a false economy because it knocked me right off my feet again. You have my sympathy!

Last edited:
I feel your pain! I'm a college lecturer and im now full of freshers flu! feeling gross and its my birthday to boot! :(

Happy birthday, well a wish if not a reality

Been rough as hell but put it down to my M.E playing up as it usually does this time of the year, but cheers for the reminder.. will get nursey in for my flu shot as soon as this clears.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Trouble is, the 'flu vaccine only covers a small percentage of the strains out there.

I agree but i would rather have it than not. I have a lowered immune system so for me any help is better than none.

Back