Football

Yup i wont bother posting anyone hiding themselves. whats the point. blooming pointless. This guy is tarnashing his name by his own account!

if he/she was honest and just post with his proper name, we wouldnt be discussing this but NOOOO he wants to hide his identity for a strange reason.

Honest?????

Being able to post as anonymous is a feature/functionality of this site. Nothing dis-honest about that and by the way you are assuming EVERYONE on this site uses their proper name:bonk::wave:

And if they don't use their proper name they are not being honest

Last edited:
You might want to learn how to:

a) read Exif data

b) read a photograph

before repeatedly casting aspersions about a photographers work.

You might also want to learn how to READ A PHOTOGRAPH

The sun is streaming into the stadium over "anonymous's" head which then makes the shadow at the back of Robbie Keane which it shoud do. The shadow should also be BEHIND the ball and not underneath it as in the picture.

Shadows in the late evening sun just don't do that. If you're not sure then take a ball out and give it a go.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Not quite Andy... in fact nowhere close to the problem" doesn't feel Andy can read through the thread himself.

haha i wouldnt bother trying to stir it up between andy and me..

PS i defended you on the whole fake thing..

Last edited:

The sun is streaming into the stadium over "anonymous's" head which then makes the shadow at the back of Robbie Keane which it shoud do. The shadow should also be BEHIND the ball and not underneath it as in the picture.

Shadows in the late evening sun just don't do that. If you're not sure then take a ball out and give it a go.

So to sum up what you are inferring, the photo has been manipulated/altered/faked?

That is so far from the truth you can't imagine, obviously you have never been or shot at the Aviva stadium. The major portion of the stadium is glass
http://www.homedit.com/aviva-stadium-opened-in-dublin-ireland/

I have the raw file but again do not need to prove anything to you IMHO

whiterosesom said:

Have you considered the possibility of floodlights?

Edit:
Scrub that. From Peter's comment it's more likely to be natural.

Last edited:
So to sum up what you are inferring, the photo has been manipulated/altered/faked?

That is so far from the truth you can't imagine, obviously you have never been or shot at the Aviva stadium. The major portion of the stadium is glass
http://www.homedit.com/aviva-stadium-opened-in-dublin-ireland/

I have the raw file but again do not need to prove anything to you IMHO

I know this incident as it was when the ball was played through to Keane about 25 - 30 yards out and bursting through on his own and his 1st touch was good (a nod down) but then his 2nd was crap and it went too far in front of him into the box. By then he had a defender at the side of him (must have just been out of your shot) and He never got control again and the goalie collected. I'm a big Robbie Keane fan and have watched the match a few times and at no point when he was just inside the box as on your picture was the ball so close to him. Very long shadows in the stadium that night at the end where the Republic were attacking in the 1st half and must at times have been up to 15 - 20 foot being made by the players. Even the ball when it was in the rays of sunlight were casting long shadows behind it but never underneath.

Its not rocket science to see its not right.

I know this incident as it was when the ball was played through to Keane about 25 - 30 yards out and bursting through on his own and his 1st touch was good (a nod down) but then his 2nd was crap and it went too far in front of him into the box. By then he had a defender at the side of him (must have just been out of your shot) and He never got control again and the goalie collected. I'm a big Robbie Keane fan and have watched the match a few times and at no point when he was just inside the box as on your picture was the ball so close to him. Very long shadows in the stadium that night at the end where the Republic were attacking in the 1st half and must at times have been up to 15 - 20 foot being made by the players. Even the ball when it was in the rays of sunlight were casting long shadows behind it but never underneath.

Its not rocket science to see its not right.

Obviously your NOT a rocket scientist, because this photo is not of Robbie Keane inside the box, but about midfield starting his move towards the goal.

It appears you like making assumptions about thing you don't know all the facts about.......

You know what they say when you "assume"

Hope this thread makes 100+ comments:clap:

Last edited:
So then you're saying he's in the centre circle ??? and not the 18 yard box !!!

Honest?????

Being able to post as anonymous is a feature/functionality of this site. Nothing dis-honest about that and by the way you are assuming EVERYONE on this site uses their proper name:bonk::wave:

And if they don't use their proper name they are not being honest

Im not assuming everyone uses this site with their proper name. what the hell are you smoking lol.

Im saying hardly ANYONE uses this site with their proper name :LOL:
jesus.

im done arguing with kids in this thread. best of luck

Hi,

Before it gets locked due to um previous posts...

Only looks fake because the flash lighting him up brings him right out. Noting the shadows you can tell its a flash or a big light.

#1-3
Bloody good shots, nice and crisp

#2 you've clipped him off, but I guess the main focus is the hug - presumably after scoring.

Hats off to you - lovely shots!
Looks like a lovely lens too (love the bokeh)! (y)

I have to disagree Arthur!, the sun is coming in at aprox 10past the hour on a clock which would light up both player & ball with the shadows as in the pic!!. Kind regards Graham.

Its turning into a /popcorn thread, the ability to reply to a thread you have started as Anon whilst staying Anon would have sorted a lot of this misunderstanding and made the thread 50 posts fewer.

:plus1:

Seems the anon feature wasn't thought through very well.

Good pics, the lighting does look kinda surreal but I'm with the OP on this one.

I have to disagree Arthur!, the sun is coming in at aprox 10past the hour on a clock which would light up both player & ball with the shadows as in the pic!!. Kind regards Graham.

Hi Graham. I watched the match and I know where the sun was coming from and if it was 10 past the hour as you say then my clock has been wrong for a lot of years :LOL:

Is does look a bit surreal lighting but how many time have you seen strange lighting and wished you had your camera with you.

Flood lights may have been on ...EXIF indicate 20:03 as the time of capture, so it could reasonably be flood lit.

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/2000 second ===> 0.0005 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 4/1 ===> ƒ/4
ISO Speed Ratings = 640
Original Date/Time = 2011:05:24 20:03:18
Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 16986/1549
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/2000 second
Aperture Value (APEX) = 4/1
Aperture = ƒ/4
Flash = Flash did not fire
Focal Length = 420/1 mm ===> 420 mm
Image Width = 522 pixels
Image Height = 720 pixels

Great images all three of them, Really captured the passion.

Back