Here are a few from a recent match

# 1 Robbie Keane on his way to scoring two goals
PJF_7372.jpg

# 2 Number #3 Stephen Ward's first international goal
PJF_7395.jpg

# 3 Robbie scores
PJF_7451-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Shame he couldnt do that for the Mighty Hammers. Good pics, crappy subject. :)

Shot 1 is really great - loving the light at his feet. I ask because I know nothing about shooting sport but as a general rule does one try to get the ball in focus too?

Sharp as a tack ,Luv the lighting, looks 3d

Shot 1 is really great - loving the light at his feet. I ask because I know nothing about shooting sport but as a general rule does one try to get the ball in focus too?
No, the player is the important part, that's what you focus on. Obviously, this will often mean the ball is in focus too, but as long as the player who is actually controlling or otherwise 'influencing' the ball (ie Keane in #1) is in focus then it doesn't matter whether the ball is in or out of focus.:) However, unless it's a celebration or 'arty' shot, then it is a rule that the ball has to be in the shot.

More nice shots here, nice lighting and particularly like the celes. Only thing I would say is that maybe #1 and #3 could be cropped a little tighter. #3 in particular seems a bit unbalanced with a lot of room at the top and little at the bottom.

Last edited:
Was this shot in daylight or under floodlights as the shadows don't seem right to me in No. 1 :thinking:

Was this shot in daylight or under floodlights as the shadows don't seem right to me in No. 1 :thinking:

You might want to learn how to:

a) read Exif data

b) read a photograph

before repeatedly casting aspersions about a photographers work.

#1 is over exposed and the cropping is poor IMHO .. the pleyer should be more to the left of the pic looking in not out.

#2 needs a different cropping as well..

IMHO these would be better

rk1.jpg

rk2.jpg

When are you going to come round and explain it all then ???

Come round? Don't be daft.

5 minutes on here spent reading the right thread will show you how to read Exif and hence the time that the picture was taken.

As for the rest, you just need to look at the shadows and lighting direction.

Come round? Don't be daft.

That's not very nice !!!

As for the rest, you just need to look at the shadows and lighting direction.

Can I not have an opinion without you even knowing anything about me ??? :shake:

Nice sharp photographs, good colours, and the subject really stands out from the background.

I use an Add on in Firefox called Exif Viewer which allows me to right click on an image to read the Exif Info. :) Should the poster leave the Exif intact of course. ;) :LOL:

For the first Robbie Keane image, here's what it showed;

Camera Make = Canon
Camera Model = Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Picture Orientation = normal (1)
X-Resolution = 72/1 ===> 72
Y-Resolution = 72/1 ===> 72
X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
Software / Firmware Version = Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Last Modified Date/Time = 2011:05:24 23:26:17
Artist = Peter Fitzpatrick
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) = centered / center of pixel array (1)

EXIF Sub IFD

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/2000 second ===> 0.0005 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 4/1 ===> ƒ/4
Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
ISO Speed Ratings = 640
EXIF Version = 0221
Original Date/Time = 2011:05:24 20:03:18
Digitization Date/Time = 2011:05:24 20:03:18
Components Configuration = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 16986/1549
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/2000 second
Aperture Value (APEX) = 4/1
Aperture = ƒ/4
Exposure Bias (EV) = 1/3 ===> 0.33
Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 4/1 ===> 4
Max Aperture = ƒ/4
Distance to Subject = 232/5 m
Metering Mode = spot (3)
Flash = Flash did not fire
Focal Length = 420/1 mm ===> 420 mm
Last Modified Subsecond Time = 90
Original Subsecond Time = 90
Digitized Subsecond Time = 90
FlashPix Version = 0100
Colour Space = sRGB (1)
Image Width = 522 pixels
Image Height = 720 pixels
Focal Plane X-Resolution = 144000/41 ===> 3512.2
Focal Plane Y-Resolution = 81000/23 ===> 3521.74
Focal Plane X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
Custom Rendered = normal process (0)
Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
White Balance = auto (0)
Scene Capture Type = standard (0)
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa430 = data ===> Peter Fitzpatrick
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa431 = data ===> 566618
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa432 = data ===> 300/1,300/1,0/0,0/0
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa434 = data ===> EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x

Should tell you everything you need to know about the image from an equipment point of view. ;) I also don't understand most of it btw, but the camera lenses and camera settings are in there. ;) :LOL:

Last edited:
I use an Add on in Firefox called Exif Viewer which allows me to right click on an image to read the Exif Info. :) Should the poster leave the Exif intact of course. ;) :LOL:

For the first Robbie Keane image, here's what it showed;

Camera Make = Canon
Camera Model = Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Picture Orientation = normal (1)
X-Resolution = 72/1 ===> 72
Y-Resolution = 72/1 ===> 72
X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
Software / Firmware Version = Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Last Modified Date/Time = 2011:05:24 23:26:17
Artist = ***** ***********
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) = centered / center of pixel array (1)

EXIF Sub IFD

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/2000 second ===> 0.0005 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 4/1 ===> ƒ/4
Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
ISO Speed Ratings = 640
EXIF Version = 0221
Original Date/Time = 2011:05:24 20:03:18
Digitization Date/Time = 2011:05:24 20:03:18
Components Configuration = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 16986/1549
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/2000 second
Aperture Value (APEX) = 4/1
Aperture = ƒ/4
Exposure Bias (EV) = 1/3 ===> 0.33
Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 4/1 ===> 4
Max Aperture = ƒ/4
Distance to Subject = 232/5 m
Metering Mode = spot (3)
Flash = Flash did not fire
Focal Length = 420/1 mm ===> 420 mm
Last Modified Subsecond Time = 90
Original Subsecond Time = 90
Digitized Subsecond Time = 90
FlashPix Version = 0100
Colour Space = sRGB (1)
Image Width = 522 pixels
Image Height = 720 pixels
Focal Plane X-Resolution = 144000/41 ===> 3512.2
Focal Plane Y-Resolution = 81000/23 ===> 3521.74
Focal Plane X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
Custom Rendered = normal process (0)
Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)
White Balance = auto (0)
Scene Capture Type = standard (0)
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa430 = data ===> ***** ***********
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa431 = data ===> 566618
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa432 = data ===> 300/1,300/1,0/0,0/0
Unknown tag, Tagnum 0xa434 = data ===> EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x

Should tell you everything you need to know about the image from an equipment point of view. ;) I also don't understand most of it btw, but the camera lenses and camera settings are in there. ;) :LOL:

So much for being Anonymous, next time I'll remove the Exif data

Last edited:
Quite a good response to this thread.. yet not a peep from the OP ?

Kinda what I was thinking. He has posted addition images for me on another thread. I admit I am yet to reply, but I was expect a thanks to everyone from the OP on here.

Post #21 would indicate that it is. I don't think that you can reply to a thread as Anonymous so I wouldn't expect one TBH.

Post #21 would indicate that it is. I don't think that you can reply to a thread as Anonymous so I wouldn't expect one TBH.

So all his 225 posts are thread starters and he uses a different account to reply?

Whats wrong with that picture?

So all his 225 posts are thread starters and he uses a different account to reply?

Whats wrong with that picture?

The 225 posts are by Anonymous so each time someone uses it, it moves up that post count. Peter's is 36. It's not using a different account btw, the Anonymous feature is just a tick box when you create a new photo sharing thread.

I think the only reason he did reply was because of all the EXIF data that was subsequently posted.

I had no idea we could post as anonymous... no idea at all.. i thought it was just a nifty username he had chosen..

well now I understand.. I know for sure i wont be replying to any more threads starting wiht anonymous..

So much for being Anonymous, next time I'll remove the Exif data

Its not just the exif where you can be seen.. a simple right click on the pick shows us where your flikr account is and your name :)

This is why I put what I did above. It wasn't really the picture, but I'd noticed that there is never a reply from Anonymous on any of the threads that were started by Him /Her !!! Whats the point ???

At least I got a slagging from DemiLion over asking the question.:shrug:

At least I got a slagging from DemiLion over asking the question.:shrug:

It wasn't a slagging off.

I was just pointing out that accusing someone of faking their pic (especially at that level) is a bit de trop, especially when there isn't any obvious evidence of it.

If you'd have read the Exif originally it was fairly clear who was posting them! :D

but I'd noticed that there is never a reply from Anonymous on any of the threads that were started by Him /Her !!! Whats the point ???

100% agree

Looks like the OP is posting nothing but fake pics. aint that against the forum rules?

Dont know how we got to fake pics.. personally i dont think they are fake pics.. the OP is fake obviously :)

Just read this thread & i'm confused as to what's being assperned.
Peter is a genuine footy & Rugby Tog based in Ireland, who I've converesed with on other forums!. If he is allowed & indeed is using an "Anonymous" allowed by the TF Mods then that's his desision!, if however he doesn't reply to comments then it's within other TP user's rights to not comment again!!. this doesn't give them leave or right for a witchhunt!. Merely state "thanks for not commenting I won't bother again!" simple. I think Jonny is implying the images are not Anonymous's (AKA maybe Peter's), as apposed to "Fake" pics, If Anonymous IS Peter then they are genuine, this I can vouch for. Kind regards Graham.

The Original post was by Peter, except that he ticked this box when creating a new thread:

Capture.JPG

The slight problem was that he hosted them on his Flickr account and left the Exif intact, hence them being not very anonymous at all!

As for the why, perhaps he wanted some feedback with out his name being involved?

Helen, why not?:shrug:, you know I'm Graham;) but that could be a false name?. We are all aliases in that sence!. Even if it is who I think it is, he has the right to withhold his real name that is why we all have handles/avitars!.:)

P I don't look like my avitar Honest!!

Last edited:
Back