The TP 52 Guidelines Forum maintenance March 15th 2023 anomaly reports.

I tried both....
Those screen shots are uploading, 1024 x 461 & 44Kb. for the last one.

Auto resize would be useful
It always has done to a certain extent, but it throws a wobbly at multiple attachments if the sum is greater 500kb per image.
ie 6 images are more than 3000kb.

Loading as normal for me.

There is an anomaly with the SSL certificate though. I checked the site via GT Metrix which is very useful.

It's been tested with Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera so far with no issues. Looking at that site, it has an affiliate relationship with the company that is recommended for solving the issue that it claims exists, so I'm not convinced. I will test with a couple more browsers though to be totally sure.

Edited to add: tested on Safari and Brave too with no certificate issues.

Last edited:
Loading as normal for me.

There is an anomaly with the SSL certificate though. I checked the site via GT Metrix which is very useful.

That's going to require a web server restart so given that most if not all browsers seem happy with the current SSL cert settings and the important thing is that SSL is working with a valid cert, I'll schedule that in when we next do an update.

I just uploaded an image which met the 1024px, <500k requirement using Chrome on Android and it worked fine. How are you resizing them? Are you sure you are selecting the resized image?
This is the details for the image
Screenshot_20230316_150239_Gallery.jpg

This is what I get when I try to upload the image....

Screenshot_20230316_150623_Chrome.jpg

This is the details for the image
View attachment 384075

This is what I get when I try to upload the image....

View attachment 384076
First off, this has been mentioned a couple of times ..

I've no idea what you are doing other than that. A few hundred images have been posted since the
work has been completed.
I see you have a Flickr account, have you tried an image from there rather than an attachment?

Screenshot_20230316_150239_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
As Cobra points out above and using standard scalar mathematics 563k is > (greater than) 500k

The limit on the site is 500k unless you want to pay for additional disk space.
Doh! I never noticed it was over 500k.
Sorry....
However, this image is less than 500k and still the same message....
Screenshot_20230316_161736_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230316_162053_Chrome.jpg

Doh! I never noticed it was over 500k.
Sorry....
However, this image is less than 500k and still the same message....
i've really got no idea what you are doing Bob, you are the only one saying you can't up load.
As per my other suggestion, try posting from flickr.
I'm sure you know how to do it but just in case.

flickr up load.png

i've really got no idea what you are doing Bob, you are the only one saying you can't up load.
As per my other suggestion, try posting from flickr.
I'm sure you know how to do it but just in case.

View attachment 384089
I've just managed to upload a couple of images after resizing and ensuring they're below 500k so it's all fine :banana:
I was just confused why I was able to upload previously from my phone without resizing.
I use Flickr for my camera images as they're large files, never had to use Flickr for my phone images.

I've just managed to upload a couple of images after resizing and ensuring they're below 500k so it's all fine :banana:
Thank the deity for that (y)

I use Flickr for my camera images as they're large files, never had to use Flickr for my phone images.
But you can reduce flickr images to fall in line with the sizings, the 1024 still applies
but the KB size is a more forgiving.

I was just confused why I was able to upload previously from my phone without resizing.
I suspect that the updated forum is less forgiving of oversize images

It seems to be only me that is having a downloading issue, TBH it isn't a real big deal so don't waste any time trying to sort it I can live with it and it won't be long before I'm used to it.

I can only say that the Fabulous Fuji thread always used to be a slow loader for me but now seems to be pretty quick.

Accidentally clicked on an HT link in the main list (the April one about the alert signals) and it opened, although the box to deny me access is ticked in the options.

Accidentally clicked on an HT link in the main list (the April one about the alert signals) and it opened, although the box to deny me access is ticked in the options.
Do you want me to completely deny you access to HT?
It seems this has happened a couple or so times, since the update.

Yes, please.

@Nod that should all be done now, any problems let me know.

Reactions: Nod
@Cobra sorry Chris, I know we had a chat already, but seeing Nod mention it too made my OCD spark again, 'Joe public' can read everything in all the hot topics section and get into the threads, but the message suggests you can't get past the titles, just thought I post again as I'm rubbish with words. Sorry to bring upp again, I just thought if you need to ask for access you should know that we can see it from the outside

Hi Guest,

At the moment you can only view the discussion titles in this forum. To gain full access, you must change your user preferences. You will find the option "Access Hot Topics" forum.
Select that checkbox, click save and your access will be granted automatically. (Please note this can take up to an hour).

I'll bugger off now .. :)

@Gav-canon
T'other Chris has twisted a couple of dials and pulled a few levers.
You won't even see its there when logged out

NOT a bug but a handy upgrade (IMO!)

I collapsed the market place section yesterday and it's still collapsed so I'm delivered from temptation (unless I choose to subject myself to it...)

And thanks to the Chrises for removing the cess pit from view.

Sorry for being a PITA :exit:
Not at all Gav, Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't have known other wise.
I rarely log out and view the forum as a guest.

NOT a bug but a handy upgrade (IMO!)

I collapsed the market place section yesterday and it's still collapsed so I'm delivered from temptation (unless I choose to subject myself to it...)

And thanks to the Chrises for removing the cess pit from view.

Mine did, but was open agaon today , I just shut it again, not a big problem

Reactions: Nod
Hadn't noticed but you're right - back in view. Never mind, GAS seems to be under good control these days!

Back