Free upgrade to Windows 10?

I deleted the Windows 10 app from my taskbar, and I removed the updates the other day. Got up this morning, and the app has re appeared on my taskbar, the windows 10 install pop up, just popped up again. Microsoft is creepy and spooky, the way it does things in the back ground :eek:

I removed the windows 10 updates, just looked and I can't see the updates files. But the windows 10 app is still there, and it keeps popping up. It's getting annoying mow !

Have you ever read the celestine prophecy. Sometimes it is right in front of us and clear what we should do. Yet many people then still ignore the signs. ;)

my daughter upgraded to 10 at weekend on her laptop and everything was fine . today she switched on and it says please install operating system onto your device. Cannot find operating system. I tried the repair discs and it gets to stage of saying do you want to reset to factory settings and then it just sits at o% forever. Any ideas guys

Sounds like the Master Boot Record has corrupted, if you can get to command prompt using the repair disc than you might be able to fix it.

bootrec.exe /FixMbr

Have you ever read the celestine prophecy. Sometimes it is right in front of us and clear what we should do. Yet many people then still ignore the signs. ;)

Aye, right!

That's a double positive that means a resounding negative;)

Sounds like the Master Boot Record has corrupted, if you can get to command prompt using the repair disc than you might be able to fix it.

bootrec.exe /FixMbr
And what if it doesn't use the 1980s MBR but a more modern GPT together with the UEFI?

Aye, right!

That's a double positive that means a resounding negative;)
Double positive remains positive. It is a double negative that turns into a positive :p

And what if it doesn't use the 1980s MBR but a more modern GPT together with the UEFI?

I thought it worked for all versions of windows, even 10 through the advanced startup repair options on the recovery disc?

Quite happy to be told I'm wrong though :)

I removed the file yesterday and all was fine, but this morning it had re installed itself again :confused: Will have another go !
Take the hint :p

I removed the file yesterday and all was fine, but this morning it had re installed itself again :confused: Will have another go !

You have to hide that particular update, just follow the steps on that thread.

I am determined Windows 10 is NOT going to take control over my Windows 7 Computer. I will do a complete re install if I have to :bat:
Hehehehe

Have you got remote access to my Computer? An alert just flashed up, it said new Windows updates will be installed when PC shuts down :eek:

For the very last time, did you hide the offending update?

Have you got remote access to my Computer? An alert just flashed up, it said new Windows updates will be installed when PC shuts down :eek:
;) now that would be telling.

Note to self, hmm that hacking team code leak really worked :)

To be fair, and I know I've been poking fun. He has had a rough ride in the upgrade and just really doesn't like all the tiles etc and windows 7 is smooth for him. I guess that is fair enough.

I'm really appreciating windows 10, I think it is a very good evolution and on my surface pro 3 it is working perfectly. The hybrid experience of the device is truly enhanced. And with msdn, office365, and creative cloud all my core apps are really up todate as well.

Why aren't you installing out of interest?
ROFLMAO I'm getting the popcorn :banana:you brave man...
To be fair, and I know I've been poking fun. He has had a rough ride in the upgrade and just really doesn't like all the tiles etc and windows 7 is smooth for him. I guess that is fair enough.

I'm really appreciating windows 10, I think it is a very good evolution and on my surface pro 3 it is working perfectly. The hybrid experience of the device is truly enhanced. And with msdn, office365, and creative cloud all my core apps are really up todate as well.

Me ?
If so, it's just I tried Windows 10 and my Computer went funny. Video files would not play, and it looks like it could be intrusive. So I simply rolled back to 7 and everything worked, besides I am on an old Computer. When I get a new machine, I will go with whatever is on the machine, provided it's not Windows 10. Might get an Apple MacBook , failing that I will retire and go into an old peoples home :rolleyes:

Me ?
If so, it's just I tried Windows 10 and my Computer went funny. Video files would not play, and it looks like it could be intrusive. So I simply rolled back to 7 and everything worked, besides I am on an old Computer. When I get a new machine, I will go with whatever is on the machine, provided it's not Windows 10. Might get an Apple MacBook , failing that I will retire and go into an old peoples home :rolleyes:
Or try one of these
View attachment 43581

:)

Fair enough, I guess its not for everyone and you have a year before the free upgrade runs out. Videos issue sounds more like a missing codec to be fair.

Confused about the intrusive comment though.

Although thinking about a macbook is pretty out of the frying pan into the fire ;) they ruined the touch pad on the latest models too.

Is anyone running Mozila Thunderbird, how did it go on the upgrade. I want to up grade, but im worried I will lose all my emails.

Is anyone running Mozila Thunderbird, how did it go on the upgrade. I want to up grade, but im worried I will lose all my emails.
Make a backup first ;) thunderbird merely uses the mbox format, the same as zillions of other mail clients across Linux and OS X. I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Back