Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

It does look very rounded off. There are a few things to try, you could try a dremel tool with a small cutting wheel to make a slot to use a screwdriver or to drill the head off. Once the head has been drilled of you would be able to remove the bracket and then be able to get at the screw with pliers.

It does look very rounded off. There are a few things to try, you could try a dremel tool with a small cutting wheel to make a slot to use a screwdriver or to drill the head off. Once the head has been drilled of you would be able to remove the bracket and then be able to get at the screw with pliers.

You might get away with covering the hole with a broad elastic band and then pushing the Allen Key in. Sometimes this gives you enough purchase to shift a screw like this provide it isn't too rounded off. Might be worth a go before trying more drastic measures.

Simon.

This article might be of interest. Even if an X-Pro1 (and A Canon) was used too. EXIF data is in the shots. ;)

Rounded allen bolt hole?
Hammer in a star-drive of a slightly larger size.
This is THE way to go, something I did just a few days ago on a clutch plate bolt.

was looking at the X-A1, same sensor but no Xtrans to soften the images, and less technical controls and more plasticy bits - anyone got one or tried one yet?

Ah, didn't see that, will have a word with the shower who run this gaff!

Bought my X-e2 last month and sent off for the free 55-200 lens. Heard nothing for almost 4 weeks so emailed Fuji today to check they had my claim.
They do, the lens has been posted and should be delivered Friday.
:woot:

Can't believe they are giving these away....

Allan

Bought my X-e2 last month and sent off for the free 55-200 lens. Heard nothing for almost 4 weeks so emailed Fuji today to check they had my claim.
They do, the lens has been posted and should be delivered Friday.
:woot:

Can't believe they are giving these away....

Allan

Let's hope they send them out in batches lol they have only had my application since the 3rd of June though :(

They said they had been overwhelmed by claims and there was a backlog while their new supply came in, they may well have just posted yours out. It might be worth emailing to ask, at least I got a tracking number for City Link.
Delivery between 0700 and 1730 today.
It's 0740. Not come yet!
Allan

Had to go out this morning, when I got back, Mr City Link had been and delivered the lens.
Your right Karen, it is indeed excellent.
Took a few quick shots around the garden and even viewed at 100% on the computer, images are sharp as a tack. Nice background bokeh too.
I'm going to enjoy using this lens.
Allan

Not used my free lens much yet on the X-A1. Not sure whether I'll get much use out of it as I only really used a telephoto on my DSLR for taking pics of cricket/football. Contemplating selling and getting a 2nd hand 35mm... but will have a play first :)

This was a random shot I took at 230mm

Sprite by bazfoster, on Flickr

Last edited:
Had to go out this morning, when I got back, Mr City Link had been and delivered the lens.
Your right Karen, it is indeed excellent.
Took a few quick shots around the garden and even viewed at 100% on the computer, images are sharp as a tack. Nice background bokeh too.
I'm going to enjoy using this lens.
Allan

Nice, its a lovely lens had to buy mine :( ,but was worth it :)

For those looking a t a telephoto. It's really not worth discounting the 50-230mm. It's a stunning lens for the money and is soooo lightweight.

For those looking a t a telephoto. It's really not worth discounting the 50-230mm. It's a stunning lens for the money and is soooo lightweight.

Has anyone used this lens with moving action such as motorsport, football, cricket etc? When I get time I will see how it gets on at cricket but might be struggling for reach.

Think I might have a problem with my XE-2,when it's been to sleep say overnight,then I switch it on the LCD screen lagges then come on full,if I am using its fine only happen when it's been left switched for a while ?

:)

Last edited:
Think I might have a problem with my XE-2,when it's been to sleep say overnight,then I switch it on the LCD screen lagges then come on full,if I am using its fine only happen when it's been left switched for a while ?

:)

Have you got the camera on quick start up mode like the XP & XT have? I have sent my XT back so cant check which part of the menu it's at.

Edit: below is the quick startup mode for the XP, copied from the Mastering the Xpro-1 book.

"Make things as easy as possible for yourself and
your X-Pro1: activate the quick start mode (SETUP
MENU 2 > QUICK START MODE > ON), avoid using
the energy save mode (SETUP MENU 2 > POWER
SAVE MODE > OFF), and instead bring along one or
more fully charged replacement batteries. "

Last edited:
Have you got the camera on quick start up mode like the XP & XT have? I have sent my XT back so cant check which part of the menu it's at.

Edit: below is the quick startup mode for the XP, copied from the Mastering the Xpro-1 book.

Thanks will give it a try when I get home :)

Did give that a go comes on a bit faster but still a bit of lag,going to send it back to Fuji for a look :)

Did give that a go comes on a bit faster but still a bit of lag,going to send it back to Fuji for a look :)

I suppose you could try a full reset if not already done.

Back