Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

After a good bit of research into the body and lenses etc thinking I'm going to take the plunge :) Got a couple of quotes back for my Canon stuff from MPB too.

Now to decide on 23mm by itself or go for the 18-55... the zoom will be more versatile but I love the f1.4 of the prime...

Anyone here got the 23 with some example? :)

Last edited:
After a good bit of research into the body and lenses etc thinking I'm going to take the plunge :) Got a couple of quotes back for my Canon stuff from MPB too.

Now to decide on 23mm by itself or go for the 18-55... the zoom will be more versatile but I love the f1.4 of the prime...

Anyone here got the 23 with some example? :)
Plenty on my flickr stream....

I got rid of the 18-55 for primes....

How does the 18mm fare compared to the 35mm ?

These are very different focal lengths. I own both, and whilst the 35/1.4 has a more magical edge to the images produced, I prefer the wider view of the 18/2 for day to day photography (especially with a toddler). Both are very sharp from wide open, and full of contrast.

I agree the 35mm has a magical edge to it :), how well does the 18mm focus in low light ?

For me the 35mm is just to limited in it's field of view and the 23mm is the sweet spot for being great as a walk about lens but not too distorting for portraits if you take care....

Out of all the lenses I have for my XE2 the 23mm would be the one I'd not be without....

mint xe2 in the for sale section........ aint got time to use it with my canon and x100 ;-) lol

does anyone know if Argos are on the approved sellers list for the cashback deal? I have looked and can't see them but surely such a large company would be.

Sorry I started from the top as it was running alphabetically. Buying the 60 and 35 as my brother in law gets a 7% discount so that and the £300 cashback offer takes the price to a fair bit under 500. I'll move for the 56mm some way down the line as most reviews rate the 60mm highly as a portrait lens.

Cool shot! I haven't got my camera/lens yet and already drooling over the 60mm!!!

Thank you Matthew. The Fuji XF 60mm is under rated, it's surprising the quality it produces for close up's/portraits/landscapes, very versatile X glass.

Regards;
Peter

Sadly after much deliberation with my wife my Xe2 will be listed for sale tomorrow. I lost my job yesterday and although I'll win it back on appeal (for the second time in 4 years) I can't justify the outlay on glass and with that being the case I don't see the point in my new body sitting unused on a shelf so I'm moving it along and I'll repurchase it in around 4 months when my bosses are once again made to look like the silly folk that they are and an independent panel give me my back pay. They say lightning never strikes twice but fingers crossed it strikes them the way they've struck me. Gutted this has to go though.

Sadly after much deliberation with my wife my Xe2 will be listed for sale tomorrow. I lost my job yesterday and although I'll win it back on appeal (for the second time in 4 years) I can't justify the outlay on glass and with that being the case I don't see the point in my new body sitting unused on a shelf so I'm moving it along and I'll repurchase it in around 4 months when my bosses are once again made to look like the silly folk that they are and an independent panel give me my back pay. They say lightning never strikes twice but fingers crossed it strikes them the way they've struck me. Gutted this has to go though.

So sorry to hear. Hope it all works out for you.

Great choice good luck with it...

+1

wOw a GREAT combo that XE1 + 23/1.4 glass. Good for about 85% of most photographic work etc... I really haven't had a chance to explore/shoot my 23/1.4 lens as life/work comments seems to get in the way as usual. I carry my X system everywhere just in case.

Looking forward to viewing your images with this awesome combo!

Thanks for the help guys :) Plan is possibly to save up over the next 6 months (very slowly) and maybe get the 35 added to the collection giving me a better portrait lens. I tend to shoot wide mostly for my landscapes etc and the 23 will be better for that but it will also give some nice portraits too I'm sure.

Last edited:
Right guys, now I'm part of the clan here is my first question (of probably many to come haha)

I have/had a Canon setup, I have some YN-602's for firing an old Canon flash and a YN flash... how (if possible) can I use these or get the flashes firing remotely?

Sorry to hear that Scott, I hope things turn out for the best.

I'm sure it will. Once again their actions have been outrageous and although they can justify them in house when no one cares about justice their lies tend to unravel when questions come in from independent panels. Thanks guys I'll be back soon.

16045072638_d40c00f7ab_c.jpg

A panoramic stitched from 4 photos with the 35mm with my X-E1

Adam

One more refurb listed (X-E2, black)..

One more refurb listed (X-E2, black)..

Yep saw that and was tempted! It it was silver then I may have bitten. That said, I tried an x-e2 last week and didn't find it that much better than my x-e1, so perhaps it will be an x-t1 for me in the future, for the huge viewfinder if nothing else.

I've not used an X-E1, but I do generally reach for the X-E2 in preference to my X-Pro1. Although today I switched between them to minimise lens changes as the job was outside. I might remove the Gariz case from my -Pro1, because I think the preference is in part due to the smaller size of the X-E2.

I've been using legacy M42 screw-mount lenses with an adaptor on my XE-2. These lenses are a joy to use, and the focus-peaking highlight makes manual focussing much easier than it ever was with old film SLRs. Here are a few examples:

Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm f/1.8 Pancolar

Helios-44 58mm f/2

SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4

Last edited:
Back