Fun with Hovers

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
My sniper's eys seemed to be working today. Got a dozen clear shots of hovering hovers in half an hour. Here's a few - the rest are on my flickr stream if you fancy a look. Cheers.

These are brillient, care to share your secret on how to do this, tried so many times but without success

spike

These are brillient, care to share your secret on how to do this, tried so many times but without success

spike

Ooh blimey! I'll try to help if I can.
I think the first step is to figure out where their hovering territory is. They defend a particular space.
Sit quiet so they get used to you.
I use a Sigma 150 macro. F11. ISO 800. 1/80 sec. Flash on manual at 1/2 power. This can change according to light.
Manual focus.
Practice.

I hope this helps.

Superb set there Simon. Must try getting a few in flight myself.

Wonderful in flight series Simon, they can be a lot of fun doing these and very frustrating at the same time can't they? :D

thanks Simon, it helped alot, I did not know they where territorial (and we will have toy army jokes either)

Thanks again

spike

Brilliant captures Simon, this is not easy.

Superb set there Simon. Must try getting a few in flight myself.

Fantastic set well done, like number 2 a lot ! (y)

Excellent images

Great stuff Simon, Love no2

Thanks very much everyone :)

Wonderful in flight series Simon, they can be a lot of fun doing these and very frustrating at the same time can't they? :D

Wonderful set of in-flight shots - looks like you had fun :)

Linda

Yes they can be very frustrating, but rewarding when it works out. And always fun. (y)

Great shots.

At first though I thought the thread title was "Fun with hoovers" and I was thinking, oi oi...this is on the wrong forum! LOL!

Will have to practice a bit more to get anywhere near as good as these. Excelent set.

Jim

Back