Garden Birds

The question is, will we see some sharp shots from you when it does? :D

not with my eyesight - as you can see from my latest postings - I am into "sharpness is a bourgeois concept" mode …… OOF, softness and slow shutter speeds rule - fed up with all this "sharpness" stuff

Can you do something about the "neck" area for me

A Wood Pigeon, I think?

Bird_Bird.jpg

Last edited:

Bird_Bird.jpg

I have a rope with a noose,that should do it.But in all fairness Bill posting requests in someones thread is not the thing to do ;)

not with my eyesight - as you can see from my latest postings - I am into "sharpness is a bourgeois concept" mode …… OOF, softness and slow shutter speeds rule - fed up with all this "sharpness" stuff

A Wood Pigeon, I think?

Bird_Bird.jpg

Nice sharpness looks a little underexposed though to my eye.

Yes, I could tighten both my hands round yours :D:D

Bugger. Dick beat me to it.:rolleyes:

But that is your image not Bryn`s,have you been drinking again?

Remember I'm at the early stage of alzheimer's - I have all the symptoms …………… what did you say?

he gave me permission - I think?

Last edited:
Bryn, it is not impossible to get decent images with your kit,the Bully shots prove that.As mentioned 1/250 for the Blue Tit is a bit slow unless you have a solid steady tecnique.As far as I am aware the Siggy has a sweet spot of around F8,so that is something to think about.Keep your ISO up as much as you can to achieve a high as possible shutter speed.Just practise on a static object if need be and write down what aperture and ISO you used for a quick reference when you check on the quality of them.

Bryn, it is not impossible to get decent images with your kit,the Bully shots prove that.As mentioned 1/250 for the Blue Tit is a bit slow unless you have a solid steady tecnique.As far as I am aware the Siggy has a sweet spot of around F8,so that is something to think about.Keep your ISO up as much as you can to achieve a high as possible shutter speed.Just practise on a static object if need be and write down what aperture and ISO you used for a quick reference when you check on the quality of them.

Thanks Rich... I will do a best setting comparison that makes sense. I have a funny feeling f8 will be better for me But will work on other settings.

So is the rule smaller birds faster shutter speeds required?

Back