weekly Gary’s 52 for 23 Week 52 - Favourite of the year

Week 17 - Liquid.jpg

Bang on theme, and a well taken product shot. Sharp and clear, well composed with an interesting and complimentary background and great reflection.

Connected. I must of had the same sort of childhood as Martin because your shot immediately took me back to hours of fun on pipes like that. Well spotted, certainly brought some really happy memories of when I was a kid.
Liquid. A very well taken product type shot, bang on theme. I like the reflections and use of DOF.

Bang on theme, and a well taken product shot. Sharp and clear, well composed with an interesting and complimentary background and great reflection.
Thanks, I did try a couple down by the river but couldn’t get them to look right, I also tried an overflowing trug under the other half’s potting table but that just looked silly. Sat at the iMac I had a sudden flash of inspiration

Nice use of the background and dof. As said, looks like the perfect product shot.

Spot on for the theme, I wonder where in the UK you cannot see a distant church steeple in the distance. So much part of out countryside.

Spot on for the theme, I wonder where in the UK you cannot see a distant church steeple in the distance. So much part of out countryside.
I got 2 for the price of 1
the tower on the left is St Andrews and the spire in the centre is Church of the Emmanuel

Quite an atmospheric picture, I'm curious how it would look in B&W, but then think it might hide the steeples.... great picture.

Very nice image Gary, I might have been tempted to crops some of the lawn out but I like it just the same.

Lovely idea for the theme and works well. There looks like there could be some more drama in the sky with a bit of processing?

Lovely idea for the theme and works well. There looks like there could be some more drama in the sky with a bit of processing?
Thanks
will give it a try later

week 19 - Fragile-3.jpg

Couldn't decide whether to stay with color or go with B&W

in the end decided colour not quite right

what do you think?

week 19 - color version.jpg

Good spot. It is amazing how fragile birds eggshells are when you're just used to supermarket eggs!
B&W is the pick for me, although the eggshell in the colour version is lovely - just lost a bit in with the foreground which doesn't happen in the B&W.

For me, the composition seems to work better in the mono. Nice image - conveys fragility very well.

I like the colour version, I think it shows the fragility of the egg better, but both work well for the theme.

Colour for me, as it brings the light blue colour of the egg out. Looks to have been taken where it fell naturally, leaves us wondering where the inhabitant is now...

Last edited:
I'm with the mono.. the grass in the colour shot I find a little distracting.

I think the b&w works best for me. A little sad but a good shot.

IMG_1072.jpeg

With dog , for scale

Huge robust tree roots, work for the theme. Like Peter I would like to know what tree it is?

Huge robust tree roots, work for the theme. Like Peter I would like to know what tree it is?
will check tomorrow and let you know

shipperbottom la NE,ARlington close,BYe road

week 21 - NE_AR BYe.jpg

Last edited:
Close Bye, very clever (y)

Back