Glencoe lochan

Lovely image, the jetty leads you into the image. If I was you I would try and head down again but on a misty morning, it would look even better but might involve a few visits/time.

(y)

Cracking shot, just shows you don't always need a sunrise/sunset to make a great landscape shot.

Got to get up there myself this year, it's a beautiful part of the country.

wonderful image Marie, as above, everything in this shot works brilliantly together, The light, colours, cloud and the lead in of the jetty.

(y)

perfect....i ''think'' that's called the ''Pap of Glencoe''.......:naughty:

For me that really has got the WOW factor, fantastic colours and composition.

Yup, thats " the pap"

I've been there a few times myself crackin place with some stunning view's.

Nice shot btw :)

Great shot! I agree with the comments regarding the pier leading the eye totally.
Also it reminds me of when I last visited Scotland, we drove up from Glasgow Airport past Loch Lomond and on up to Locahline. Spent two wonderful days fishing for Common Skate (to tag not eat) and caught my all time biggest fish at 178lb. brings back very happy memories of a beatiful part of the world. Thanks. ;)

Lovely

Again great colours, looks like a theme in your work!

I assume you used a polariser for this shot, can I ask how long was the exposure and what aperture you used?

Trevor

Thanks all :)

Trevor, it was shot in av mode F11, 1/30th sec expo.
The water was really calm which helped, and I believe I did use a cpl to enhance the colours.

Marie that is a jaw dropper!!!!
Everything about the shot is spot on...the colour, composition, lines.
Simply gorgeous.

Thanks all :)

Trevor, it was shot in av mode F11, 1/30th sec expo.
The water was really calm which helped, and I believe I did use a cpl to enhance the colours.

Thanks for the info, I automatically go to F22 with my landscape shots but they don't look right most of the time. Was interested in what you used to achieve this shot.

Cheers

Trevor

Wow, that is a stunning shot, the composition, colours and sharpness of the image are spot on - couldn't be any better if you ask me! (y)

That's just amazing... There is absolutely nothing to fault! :)

Back