Godox AD600BM Battery not charging

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
I didn't charge the battery after moving house for about 6 months and when I go to charge the AD600BM's battery, it won't work.
I've 3 ad600's and two of the 3 batteries are fine. I've tried it with all three chargers with no joy.
Sometimes it'll show as charging, then the charger shows full. Quick press on the battery charge status shows charged.
When I put the battery on to my AD600BM, it shows as not charged. The model light works for a very small amount of time and it won't fire the flash.
Pressing the battery charge indictor shows it now as not charged.
Putting it back on the charger, it's starts from 3/4 full for a very short time before showing full.
I've left it on the charger for 2 days but no different.

Everything online shows how to get the AD600Pro's battery kick started but nothing on the AD600.
Anyone have a solution?

No help with Godex, but I have rescued other batteries by putting on a charger for say 2 mins, taking off and repeating over and over. In some cases a charger always puts in some charge when it starts then senses battery level or whatever, by doing quick charges it takes it up over the cutoff threshold. But it doesnt always work.
If I'm honest your safer replacing the battery, these rechargable ones can be dodgy when the go pear shaped.

There’s a known fault on many Godox batteries where if you leave them flat for extended periods they’ll fail.
I never empty mine which means that I have been known to leave batteries for over a year with no ill effects.

You’ll find a fix online (I think it’s a small capacitor replacement) or you need to buy a new battery if you’re not up to fixing yourself.

I recall buying a cheap mobile phone from a shop in Egypt a few years ago but after trying it, realised that the battery would not charge.
I took it back to the shop and the guy touched the terminals of the battery with a live wire!!!
Despite my shock (not literal) it worked perfectly after that.

DISCLAIMER: Don't try this at home!

No help with Godex, but I have rescued other batteries by putting on a charger for say 2 mins, taking off and repeating over and over. In some cases a charger always puts in some charge when it starts then senses battery level or whatever, by doing quick charges it takes it up over the cutoff threshold. But it doesnt always work.
If I'm honest your safer replacing the battery, these rechargable ones can be dodgy when the go pear shaped.
I've tried that, but still no joy.
There’s a known fault on many Godox batteries where if you leave them flat for extended periods they’ll fail.
I never empty mine which means that I have been known to leave batteries for over a year with no ill effects.

You’ll find a fix online (I think it’s a small capacitor replacement) or you need to buy a new battery if you’re not up to fixing yourself.
It wasn't flat when in storage, it went flat within those six months, from about 75% full.
I've tried searching but they all pertain to the "pro" version unfortunately.
I recall buying a cheap mobile phone from a shop in Egypt a few years ago but after trying it, realised that the battery would not charge.
I took it back to the shop and the guy touched the terminals of the battery with a live wire!!!
Despite my shock (not literal) it worked perfectly after that.

DISCLAIMER: Don't try this at home!
I've seen some videos "shorting" the AD600Pro battery, but not the AD600. I might take it apart and see if it's similar.

Back