Goodbye little friend - A GOOD NEWS UPDATE!

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
We were woken in the early hours of this morning by Miki, our 7 year tom cat, yowling. We couldn't work out what was wrong and, when he started to deteriorate and we called the vet. By the time we met her there, it was too late. :crying:

We will miss him so much, a true character and a more loving cat you couldn't wish for.

RIP little buddy.

Miki by Fabs., on Flickr

Miki by Fabs., on Flickr

Aww Marc :hug2: for you and Sue, how sad for Miki to go at such a young age :(

Last edited:
So So sorry to hear about your sudden loss of Miki I realy feel for you both.

Awwwww, I'm sorry to hear that :(

So sorry to hear that, Marc. 7 is very young - any idea what the problem was? The youngest of our five cats is 7.

Sorry to hear that 7 is really young. We lost our family cat when she was 24.

Aww, speaking as a cat owner myself I felt that one. That is a sad loss of a fine looking feline.

So sorry Marc :crying:

:( Sorry for your loss Marc... thinking of you sir.

We lost the family cat a few months ago, its actually heartbreaking isnt it, sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear about your puss, looks like he was a lovely chap.
Been there myself and its just horrible:(

Thanks for all your kind words. Unforunately, the vet couldn't tell us what had happened without doing a post mortem and we really don't want him cut up. We brought him home ad we will bury him this evening when I get home from work.

Sue is at home and hopefully his sister, who has been hiding under te bed all day (because she caught sight of the carrier this morning) will get a chance to see him first.

So sorry to hear this. My little man is 17 now and he's like my baby! So I can understand what it is like :( Never nice to lose a pet...except they're more than pets, they're family.

Don't don't think non cat owners realise what loving creatures they are. There seems a general view that cats are stand offish and less affectionate than dogs for example.

I really feel for you. We almost lost our cat to illness recently and I can understand how you must be feeling.

Thanks again all. Just got home and we buried him in the garden.

Would just like to add, the vet was brilliant. She met us at the surgery at 6am and handled it all so well, not once making us feel guilty for dragging her out so early (although we did feel guilty). She also wouldn't take any money from us so we put some in the charity box (cat rescue).

Marc, in too many ways, losing a much loved pet can be harder than losing a family member (although, of course, the little furry buggers are family). I would be absolutely devastated when ours "crosses the rainbow bridge" and hope to have her ashes sprinkled around the tree that should be planted over my remains when I shuffle off.

As with other family, remember the good times and try to forget the manner of his passing- from the sound of it, it was fast and we all hope his suffering was minimal.

Sympathies to you all, we lost our old moggy last year and its a less than pleasant time

Out of the blue another little chap who had lost a leg came along and needed a home, although he hasn't replaced her it certainly eased the pain

Sorry to hear about this Marc:(

Half the time they come into our lives by accident.
Eat our food and demand affection.
We drop our guard and they step right in.
their lives shorter,so when they depart.
A pain it gives ,a stab to the heart.
:crying:
Never again,we promise ourself.
Keep my distance this time around.
Just play with you a little bit to keep you quiet.
Today you look cuter than before.
Oh! shoot!,here we go again.........:shrug:

Been there so many times man.
All our best mate.

Back