Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022 (Pic Heavy)

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
First time at Goodwood FOS and loved every minute. So many wonderful cars and bikes, it really was feast and I couldn't help but take a couple of thousand of photos :eek: Tried to narrow it down to a 'few', more can be found on flickr here, there's a lot that're very 'samey' but we were in one spot for a lot of the hill climbs:-

A9_09981 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_03065-Edit by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_02351 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_09838 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_02116 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_01333 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

7. A VERY special moment

A9_00686 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_02179 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

You did much better than me - the joys of being with a group of friends meant very limited opportunities

Lovely set of shots with 5 the best for me.
Thanks
You did much better than me - the joys of being with a group of friends meant very limited opportunities
I was with my wife so didn't get experiment too much with different spots but I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless (y)

Great shots, I really envy you being there.
I watched a bit on TV with the electric car that looked like something out of a sci-fi movie-139mph !
Is No 10 a GT40?

Great shots, I really envy you being there.
I watched a bit on TV with the electric car that looked like something out of a sci-fi movie-139mph !
Is No 10 a GT40?
Thanks, it sure is. The McMurtry electric fan car was unbelievable, looked even faster in real life. Looked like it was on fast forward.

Brilliant work for a first visit, it's quite an overwhelming place to shoot isn't it, if you're not familiar with the set up.
Love the Group 5 M1, you've done some great work on that shot!

Brilliant work for a first visit, it's quite an overwhelming place to shoot isn't it, if you're not familiar with the set up.
Love the Group 5 M1, you've done some great work on that shot!
Thanks very much. It was tricky as I wanted to watch as much as possible rather than being stuck behind the lens all day so didn't explore different angles/places as much as I could have. Also some of the shots I wanted to get I discovered were media access only I discovered once I got there. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and am relatively happy with the shots I did manage to get (y)

Reactions: Nod
Very nice set indeed, on my list to do next year. Is the viewing for the general public good or is it enclosures for prawn sandwich brigade?

I haven't been for years, last time was in 1998, and then previously in 1994 when it was quite a small event, I was on opposite side of track when Mike Wilds crashed the Villeneuve Ferrari - this was way before more stringent H&S, and there was actually a small raised kerb on the feed in road which the Ferrari hit launching it into the air :eek:

In 94 it was the same weekend as Le Mans so much quieter than in later years, Marc Surer put in an amazing drive in a F2 BMW only to loose out just to Martin Brundle in an F1 McLaren

Last edited:
Glad you got a shot of Wayne Rainey and the gang. What an incredible moment.

Loved your images. Goodwood is on my list of must do's.
Thanks, it made my weekend seeing them, Rainey in particular.
Very nice set indeed, on my list to do next year. Is the viewing for the general public good or is it enclosures for prawn sandwich brigade?
Thanks. The answer is it depends, we got there early on the Saturday and were right at the front next to the hay bales so the view was pretty good, get there later and it’s several people deep and I’m not sure what those guys would get to see. That being said, we moved around on the Sunday and there are still places you can get a decent view, just not on the main stretch in front of the house. Off road and rally stages are pretty empty so no issue with viewing there. The paddocks get VERY busy so again best to get to them early, on Sunday afternoon I doubt you’d have seen much of the cars as it looked rammed. I’ve got a picture somewhere that I’ll post later.

Thanks. The answer is it depends, we got there early on the Saturday and were right at the front next to the hay bales so the view was pretty good, get there later and it’s several people deep and I’m not sure what those guys would get to see. That being said, we moved around on the Sunday and there are still places you can get a decent view, just not on the main stretch in front of the house. Off road and rally stages are pretty empty so no issue with viewing there. The paddocks get VERY busy so again best to get to them early, on Sunday afternoon I doubt you’d have seen much of the cars as it looked rammed. I’ve got a picture somewhere that I’ll post later.

This was looking across at the main paddock from the BMW grandstand (free for those with the MyBMW app)

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 15.44.41 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

Compared with this when we were there first thing (not a great example as I was taking a pic of the bike not the crowd but if you look to the right you can see how empty it was)

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 15.46.54 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

Thanks, it made my weekend seeing them, Rainey in particular.

Great thanks for the detailed information. I am looking to go next year, the paddock does look a bit busy though!

Doug

Deleted, posted in wrong thread

Last edited:
Back