[gorio] - Another Waterfalls Shot

Name
Karlo Reyes
Edit My Images
Yes
its been a while since i last posted landscape here. been busy lately, cheers!:)

Casaroro falls is hidden deep inside the province of Valencia. Going there you have to rent a van (pho600-1000/ 20$) or drive from Dumaguete City roughly around 12km away. There’s only so much road going to Casaroro falls then you have to walk/hike for another 20-30min to reach the entrance. There’s a fee worth 10bucks, just a small amount to help the local government preserve and maintain the surroundings.

The 350 STEPS traversing down Casaroro constitutes of lush greens, cool breeze and sound of birds echoing! This must be one of the tallest and awesome falls I’ve been too. I almost forgot about Hagimit haha. It’s so clean and the rock formations are just great! Now, The PAIN starts at 200 steps going up!

ISO 50 l 17mm l f11 l 8" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SEl 5DMK2 l 17-40L

4310386081_32e845fbcd_o.jpg

Pretty good, Great spot obviously, But, seems around the world everyone has the same trouble as me. Rubbish in the water. I now own a pair of chest waders and skirt around the pool first on a cleanup mission. Pays not to set the tripod up first though as guess where the cleaned out sticks will catch ? yep its happened, camera and all ! fastest man ever to move in chest high water. Good shot though. I enjoy.

The overall composition is stunning with all the rocks and the pool of water. All that really is beautiful.

The water fall is certainly very nice but appears blown out. I'd be tempted to try and pull it in a bit using the recovery option on Camera Raw or Lightroom, but it's only a little problem though. The whole image is a cracker.

thanks so much guys for appreciating the image.:)

@ian yes bro it is blownout i tried to expose everything but ended up overexposing the falls. I can use 2 exposure but at that time my battery is depleting when i reached the location. oh well.

Wow, what a peaceful looking shot!
I like this a lot!

Stunning location.

Love the foreground and the pool of water. The over exposure on the falls is a shame but it's still a lovely shot.

my motivation to photograph something falls in direct proportion to the distance from the car. Great shot

Back