Grey Imports - just don't understand what's going on

thats pretty racist to assume that just cos the guy is called Wong he is a connected to the hong kong retailers?! Did you run out of knowledge that youve found on google and just decided to resort to that instead?

interesting thread ruined by overly defensive posts and massive ironies.

No I decided that when he started posting factually incorrect stuff in defence of foreign retailing , and posting grammatically incorrect put downs like " chatting s***" for "talking s***" plus its interesting that when I mentioned it before he's never denied it . Its also interesting that you are getting hot under the collar about this biut not about his personal attack which preceded it.

oh and by the way most of my knowledge comes from being a well rounded, well read, educated individual - I only resort to google for further research (which expands the horizons , when either a point needs to be proved or I need to learn more about a subject that's come up) - I'd also note that talking of massive ironies its that kind of personal attack which has both ruined this thread and is on its way to ruining this forum... coming from a member is bad enough, but coming from and admin is absolutely dreadful (especially as ive been really careful not to get into the ethics of grey retailing as per your previous request) not least because you are essentially hiding behind your position as its absolutely pointless hitting rtm .

Last edited:
thats pretty racist to assume that just cos the guy is called Wong he is a connected to the hong kong retailers?! Did you run out of knowledge that youve found on google and just decided to resort to that instead?

interesting thread ruined by overly defensive posts and massive ironies.

I think you should be more concerned about the possibility of members losing money through misrepresentation of the facts, than implying racial connotations.

sorry Pete but im afraid you are wrong here, you made the comment that he must be connected to the retailers, thats pretty straightforward is it not? Grammatically incorrect? ...thats a reason to hang him.

Im sorry you dont like being told it as I see it Pete, Ive edited the post that was reported, and ive pulled you up on a spot of blatant racism, and given my views on your comments in this thread as you have also been reported, and not for the first time. Thats my job, thats what Im supposed to do.

As for hiding behind my position, you mean trying to keep the forums running smoothly by dealing with the RTMS that come in? Sure...if you say so.

I don't understand why anyone in the UK would even contemplate buying anything off Ebay from a firm in Hong Kong. There's so much that could go wrong it's surely not worth the risk, is it.

I think you should be more concerned about the possibility of members losing money through misrepresentation of the facts, than implying racial connotations.

All the facts are here thanks to Moose posting links to various bits of info, what is your point?

sorry Pete but im afraid you are wrong here, you made the comment that he must be connected to the retailers, thats pretty straightforward is it not? Grammatically incorrect? ...thats a reason to hang him.

Im sorry you dont like being told it as I see it Pete, Ive edited the post that was reported, and ive pulled you up on a spot of blatant racism, and given my views on your comments in this thread as you have also been reported, and not for the first time. Thats my job, thats what Im supposed to do.

As for hiding behind my position, you mean trying to keep the forums running smoothly by dealing with the RTMS that come in? Sure...if you say so.

I didn't say he must be - I said he might be in my opinion - and its nothing to do with his name or racism

I have absolutely no problem with being moderated , I disagree but you three are the boss men and what you say goes , ive no problem with you editing my posts or any of that, that's what mods are supposed to do.

But the snide dig about being tired of posting information found from google was unnecessary - that's not keeping the forums running smoothly or dealing with an RTM , that's essentially the opposite and if you weren't an admin would have been an RTM in itself - that's what I mean about hiding behind your position.

If you really felt it necessary to say it pm might have been the better option, but saying it publically against someone who can't hit back because you have mod powers is the action of a bully. I thought you were better than that, but clearly I was mistaken.

Im not here to make friends all the time Pete, i spend a lot of time sending PMs, emails and doing behind the scenes stuff, sometimes though a more direct approach is required. You can call it bullying if you want.

Well, that all spiralled out of control pretty quickly. When the Mods start abusing the members there's clearly something in the water...

PS What happened to the ban on discussing grey imports?

Last edited:
Just double checked my address bar, thought I had stumbled on the wrong forum with perhaps something other than a .co.uk ending address.

Back