Grim.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
No it's not a wind-up - that would be the pits. :coat:

Grim.jpg

Spare me not. :D

looks a little dark to me Cedric, but then im on my laptop now, and its not ideal.

I like hte idea though, the lines lead you in..

Quite good, but it's missing something.... motion, forground, definition... not sure what, but it dosent quite cut it.

a bit dark for me too. I reckon that exposed for the sky and with the "wheely thingy" siloette'd (is that a word?) and a hint of sepia thrown in it'd look better.

Could the missing 'something' be human presence, say, a guy in one of them old peaked caps up on the ladder?

Davy

As grim as a grim thing. I guess that's what you wanted tho..... I'm still in two minds as to whether you'd be better without the light section at the bottom of the frame.... :shrug:

But as GRIM goes - it works!

As grim as a grim thing. I guess that's what you wanted tho..... I'm still in two minds as to whether you'd be better without the light section at the bottom of the frame.... :shrug:

But as GRIM goes - it works!

Well that whole structure is painted black, and the sky was ominously dark which I thought suited the subject, so while it's intentionally dark, it was dark anyway.

It's a sight which holds some evocative and sometimes grim memories for me and that's what I was really trying to capture. I agree it doesn't quite work compositionally, which is why I posted it in Critique, to get some opinions on it.

Good call on the crop suggestion Barry, I actually considered that but I thought it took away from the height of the structure.

Thanks for the comments folks. (y)

Nice bit of grain would go well, I think.

Cropped and grained up. I think it works quite well? .... but I'm really fed up of this shot now. :D
Grim_Grainy.jpg

the shots fine (actually prefer the first one), the patters terrible ;)

Back