Hacked?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I just logged on tp TP and half the posts on the home page are in Chinese!

Has TP been hacked?

Seems to be happening frequently these days.
Other forums require new members' posts to be monitored for a short while. The first 3 or sometimes 5 posts require approval. Would that help with these scumbags?

I was going to ask the same question.
I just logged in and saw all those "messages".
Whether attacked or spammers it is not nice to see.

Wonder if it actually means anything, or just random keyboard thumping. Anyone understand it?

It is all too often that the first things I do is report a bunch of spammers. We should only allow new members to create a single thread in welcome and after that is approved let them do other posts. Do we see any pattern from the source IPs or reverse lookup?

Best thing to do is report the spam post and reply to it with "Reported." That way other members know it's been reported so the Green Team don't get loads of reports of the same post!

I know it's not a fix, but if you click on the authors name and click ignore, then all the messages will be removed from your homepage. So far I've had to do three of them, but at least it cleans up my homepage. Hopefully the site staff will sort this out soon.

One type of Chinese you don't want again half hour later

It would yes as all the threads would only be viewable to admin.

Sort of, if my experience with a couple of other forums is anything to go by. New members posts have to be cleared by admin before they appear on the forums during their 'probationary' period.

i think @Cobra got him in the end, well played Chris

i think @Cobra got him in the end, well played Chris
Cheers Matt

I think that in the end it was 2 "members" and I used the word advisedly :D

Last edited:
I just couldn't see the point of it. I watched the last few appear in Equipment and it was the same message apart from the university names. I really don't see what the pilchard hoped to achieve, posting in Chinese (?) on an English forum.

I just couldn't see the point of it.
They're selling forged overseas degrees and other educational certification to the Chinese market. If they can get posted on lots and lots of popular and established sites, they hope their links will migrate to the top of the search engine listings for people looking for their services.

If they manage to get through again, if you're quick, you can click one of their links before Cobra clobbers 'em.
BanHammer.gif

Can I have that without the spam ?
Waitress:

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Back