Critique Hare - what the fluff was that!

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

The poor Hare was spooked by a crow scarer in the next field which had just been set up.

This was taken at first light around 6.30am, temp was hovering around freezing and the sun had just come up and melted the frost fast, less mist too this time, I was watching this Hare for a while and appears to be alone now.

This is a crop around 50%, settings - f6.3, 1/1250, ISO 2500 @600mm

I know the image isn't great due to ISO and crop, I wanted try and get my head around editing and trying to keep it looking natural as possible and keep the warm light on the Hare.

Just hope it's not the last I see of it ...

Any feedback good or ugly welcome :)

Thank you for looking

Hare Sunrise - Crop - Crow scarers ...
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

It looks good to me , your camera to my eye seems to of handled the iso well , there is plenty of detail in the fur from what I can see . 50% crop is pushing the borders for me , it`s kind of where I generally draw the line as to weather to work on an image or not , I think it was definitely worth it here , for me a standing Hare image nearly always has an edge , it`s just a shame they tend to only do it when something has unnerved them .

It looks good to me , your camera to my eye seems to of handled the iso well , there is plenty of detail in the fur from what I can see . 50% crop is pushing the borders for me , it`s kind of where I generally draw the line as to weather to work on an image or not , I think it was definitely worth it here , for me a standing Hare image nearly always has an edge , it`s just a shame they tend to only do it when something has unnerved them .
Thank you, I think the camera is ok up to ISO 6400 but not a chance would I crop at that, I agree with the cropping, I've had this image a week and looked at it a few times and almost deleted it twice.

It is nice to see them stand but as you say they normally only do it when something has unsettled them, except for the spring boxing ;)

Thank you for taking the time to leave more feedback :)

I agree it looks good to me too Gav :)

Thank you Les :)

Looks great to me too.

Nice fresh /early start for you too.

Gaz

Back