Head Torch

the cw stands for cool white as opposed to normal white..One just gives off a cooler whiter light
You wont be disappointed with the torch its superb

Cheers so which do you have or recommend? I'm going to order tonight :)

I went for the normal one mate not the CW it gives a much nicer light in my opinion.

The CW is cool white so a sort of blue cast to it, the NW is neutral white which is slightly warmer but still not too yellow. I did all the research when i was looking for a torch for night and light painting- although i ended up with a Fenix that time.

Last edited:
Does the Thrunite use AA batteries or something dedicated? Difficult to tell from the video.

Proberly a silly suggestion but check out the fox halo head torch ;-)

Agreed. Some cyclists are their own worst enemies. I still ride in Central London (where there are some appalling antics and everyone has another agenda or three, playing on their mind at the same time) as well as in totally rural areas, (but where the vehicle speeds are generally higher) which provide an interesting contrast.

(I was walking in Central London on Thursday evening and find it unbelievable that some cyclists think they dont need any lights. But still expect to be seen.
There are a lot of car drivers like that, lots don't put there lights on in fog because "I can see all right".

However, the stats seem to show that those who are hesitant or defensive end up coming off worst. Which probably accounts for why so many other cyclists take a different stance there.
Couldn't agree more as when I rode in London I always tended to occupy the road space rather than the gutter but bikes are as fast as cars in many situations there. Problems I experience is being stuck behind a cyclist struggling up a hill at 2 mph weaving about with no safe overtaking due narrow winding roads!

Personally I think the roads would be a lot safer if everybody saw the problems from the 'other side' too....lorry.....bus....car....bike.....pedestrian, but unfortunately most don't and never will.

Cycling and motor bikes I believe the idea is to be assertive or positive. I cycle a bit and find if I ride in the gutter cars tend to overtake even if there is an oncoming car- car driver knows they will not hit the oncoming car and damage their paint/wing and they can squeeze past the cyclist as they are not taking up much road.. On blind left hand bends though I stick to the inside. Getting back to torches some of the torches mentioned above seem pretty good but I have probably bought more torches over the years than many and have found fenix to be the most reliable in the long term. I use eneloop AAs, I know the output from some of the other batteries is pretty impressive but always thought cheap batteries and chargers were a little risky. Thats` my 2p worth anyway.

Cheers all, I ordered the Thrunite with a couple of batteries and charger.. should get it Thursday :)

Well it arrived today and my first impression is, it's small!

That's not bad thing by the way, it's really comfortable to and the movement is really smooth and the on/off switch has a nice feel.

I'm charging the batteries at the moment so will have to wait until dark to see how good it is, if it's a good bright light then I'll be happy :)

Well it arrived today and my first impression is, it's small!

That's not bad thing by the way, it's really comfortable to and the movement is really smooth and the on/off switch has a nice feel.

I'm charging the batteries at the moment so will have to wait until dark to see how good it is, if it's a good bright light then I'll be happy :)
It is very comfy and I dont use the 18650 battery just two of the smaller ones which last a fair while! I use mine for night fishing and it lights up a very large lake and we even had other fisherman ask what torches we were shining at night across the lake because of how bright they were!!When we told them and showed them it was a little head torch they were quite shocked lol

It is very comfy and I dont use the 18650 battery just two of the smaller ones which last a fair while! I use mine for night fishing and it lights up a very large lake and we even had other fisherman ask what torches we were shining at night across the lake because of how bright they were!!When we told them and showed them it was a little head torch they were quite shocked lol

It's certainly well made, compared to some of the cheaper versions I've had you can instantly tell the difference.. I purchased 2 x 18650 batteries with it and a charger as I wanted to be sure of getting through the night when I'm out in Iceland. I'll update later when it's dark :)

On the lower settings its very good on battery life indeed.I agree the build quality is fantastic and smooth and even comes very well presented in decent packaging.

Not a bad price for this one with car and mains charger plus batteries cheaper options available

Price is very good, I looked at something similar to that and honestly I can't imagine that being very comfortable for long.

Price is very good, I looked at something similar to that and honestly I can't imagine that being very comfortable for long.
I took it up to North East last year when I visited the Farne Islands and had no problems comfort wise TBH and it came into it's own at Dunstburgh cliff pathway.

It's certainly well made, compared to some of the cheaper versions I've had you can instantly tell the difference.. I purchased 2 x 18650 batteries with it and a charger as I wanted to be sure of getting through the night when I'm out in Iceland. I'll update later when it's dark :)

Just tried iy outside in the dark and yeah it's pretty bright! managed to light up the house at the end of the street no problem.. really surpising for such a small head torch so it will be ideal for what I want it for :)

Just ordered the Thrunite + 2 spare batteries after spending hours on YouTube looking at Head torch reviews. It looks the dogs danglies !

Now received the Thrunite, it's a solid and well made bit of kit. And pumps out a massive amount of light. Should be perfect for when I am coming off the hills after sunset

Back