Heads up allowed?

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Just dropped an ad in the classified section, looking to swap my Dynax 7D for a 7 or 9...

7 has a big flaw. Think it's the aperture mechanism that dies and it can't be repaired. Mine died and couldn't be fixed. I got a 9 instead. They seem to be far more robust. Not sure about the 7000(?) and whether that has the same issue.

Hell will freeze over before I part with my 9 though!

Last edited:
True, hoping to get one with SSM module replaced or a good 7. Odd really since the 7 was a later (upgraded) model too.

Last edited:
This smacks (should I be using that word advisedly?) of a fetish interest, chaps. What's the virtue in these machines? Am I allowed to ask why you're bothering?

This smacks (should I be using that word advisedly?) of a fetish interest, chaps. What's the virtue in these machines? Am I allowed to ask why you're bothering?

When you can have a film and a digital camera effectively looking, feeling and being the same while only really differing in their formats, that hits a lot of positives for ease of use. Not to mention all accessories (including batteries) are good for both - it just makes sense. I still have a shedload of older film cameras but on a mission-day it means less tech to think about, less kit to carry, and so more time to concentrate on the compositions.

And then there's the fetishes too - I do have two 7D's ... :cool:

Last edited:
Back