*HELP* Tour de France (or any other ASO event) press accreditation

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Slightly random question, but has anyone on here ever had cause to apply for press accreditation for the TDF or any other ASO organised event?

The online form is confusing to say the least. I am guessing it has been translated, badly, from French but there are some bits that are just a complete mystery.

One question is "Registration collecting" with the answer of either "arrival reclaim" or "departure reclaim" - I had thought this maybe "where do you want to collect your accrediation/pass" but I would have imagined this would be sent prior to the event and don't really want to have a guess at the answer if that isnt correct.

Another question is "Rescue patent" with a simple yes or no answer....not a clue what the heck that could mean!

So hopefully someone else has been down this route and managed to decipher it :)

(P.S the contact details, found under a heading "Click here to get the general conditions of the race", is all in French and I don't fancy my chances of getting an understandable response).

Hi Tom,

It's over 20 years since I shot any cycling on the continent & one of the mags would normally apply for my accreditation but from memory I always used to pick up the accred. at the media signing on near the start of the race, don't recall it ever being sent to me or the mag.

You're right about the collecting of the accreditation the French word for the start of the race is Depart (Départ) & the finish is Arrival (Arrivée) as some snappers only want to cover the finish they could pick up theirs at the arrivée.

I honestly have no clue what the "Rescue Patent" is all about, I don't recall having come across that before although my memory ain't what it was, sorry.

Maybe an email to ASO (accreditation in my day wasn't handled by them, it used to be the T de F society I believe) asking for clarification. They used to like you to at least have an attempt at speaking french in the first instance although they could all speak english & would answer in it once they realised you were struggling. :D

Luck,
Stew.

Hi Tom,

It's over 20 years since I shot any cycling on the continent & one of the mags would normally apply for my accreditation but from memory I always used to pick up the accred. at the media signing on near the start of the race, don't recall it ever being sent to me or the mag.

You're right about the collecting of the accreditation the French word for the start of the race is Depart (Départ) & the finish is Arrival (Arrivée) as some snappers only want to cover the finish they could pick up theirs at the arrivée.

I honestly have no clue what the "Rescue Patent" is all about, I don't recall having come across that before although my memory ain't what it was, sorry.

Maybe an email to ASO (accreditation in my day wasn't handled by them, it used to be the T de F society I believe) asking for clarification. They used to like you to at least have an attempt at speaking french in the first instance although they could all speak english & would answer in it once they realised you were struggling. :D

Luck,
Stew.

Cheers Stew, very helpful...especially the part about picking up accreditation. I have got on to Welcome to Yorkshire who are getting "full instructions" from ASO...so hopefully that might clear things up a bit. I will be intrigued to know what the heck the Rescue Patent thing is in the end :)

It's a bad translation of the French version of the form - Do you have a "Brevet de secouriste ? " In English the question should be - " do you have a first aid certificate ? ".

Thanks for the help....that makes it a very random question for them to ask!
Is there any chance it could be something along the lines of public liability insurance certificate? as I could see how that could sort of fit into the form.

Here is the page in French:
3920-1397330904-202f45fb444cdeb311feea666f80b847.png

See: Here

And: Here

PLI is "RC": Here

Last edited:
Ah fantastic! That has saved me a lot of faffing around then :) If only I could have got the damn page to show in French here (I currently seem to be stuck on a Spanish version!) I could maybe have worked that out....still quite a random question.

Thanks again Andy :)

Back