Hexacopter Anyone.

And then there's the Oktokopter.

There goes all my plans for a new camera......car......holiday...

1kg payload. Nice!
Gonna see a few noseless/eyebrowless pilots on the hexacopter circuit though. :)

As well as the obvious military and police surveillance applications which these types of model are already under development for, it's the camera carrying uses which will interest most of us here. Given the demonstration in the video of its ability to return to the operator automatically under gps guidance at the push of a button, it's only a small step to being able to program it with a co-ordinate from say Google maps (within the battery power range and back of course), send it off to take some pictures, and return to you.

With RC aircraft being my other hobby I have to say this is one impressive piece of engineering, quite a bit cheaper then you would expect to pay for standard heli AP ship.

Build me one then. I can't be bothered with the building, I just want to play with aerial photography!

I want one now I know I can send it to my local and carry home a bottle !

Ah bless...it doesn't take much to keep you lot amused, does it?

What is it with men and toys?

it's only a small step to being able to program it with a co-ordinate from say Google maps (within the battery power range and back of course), send it off to take some pictures, and return to you.

Woo hoo! We can just go to the pub and let it get on with it....

Janet

Back