Hide, myset up

Also just wanted to say thanks for sharing - I was looking at this over the recent holiday to see what I could do and this as given me some good ideas thanks

Also just wanted to say thanks for sharing - I was looking at this over the recent holiday to see what I could do and this as given me some good ideas thanks

Glad to hear it. That is why I posted it,hoping it might encourage others to have a go.
Any questions just ask.(y)

Just to show what results can be had.
This one made the cover of The Countryman magazine.

I know you all like to get Jay shots.

Whaur wid I be withoot a squirrell:D

Hope this encourages you to have a go.
Remember though to give something back to nature & above all respect it.(y)

Lovely set of Images mate Superb springs to mind
and i thought all you scots liked to do was heave bits of wood all over the place
Regards
Richard

Lovely set of Images mate Superb springs to mind
and i thought all you scots liked to do was heave bits of wood all over the place
Regards
Richard

Nah we are couthie sowels really.Well sometimes:LOL:
Glad you liked the shots but I really only posted them as an encouragement to some of the newer folks who want to learn.
Mind you I kinda like the squirrel :LOL:

Hey Sawman,
First time iv got on since I posted asking for these pics in the other thread.
That's a great set up you have there, and some cracking results you are getting from it.
Love the squirrel shot (y)
Is the window just an open space in the shed? If so how come the squirrel comes so close without getting spooked?

Thanks again for the time you took to post up these shots, very inspirational :)

Hi fracster

I didn't realise you were so close. I had an idea you were in the area. I would be far more interested in following you around at a local hotspot asking you lots and lots of questions :naughty: Sunnyhurst Woods is my local haunt at the moment but nothing can replace a little local knowledge. as for my shed it is only in a small back yard and the most exotic visitors so far have been a familly of Coal tits and a Robin. Still not captured the Robin as yet.

Next time i`m off out somewhere on public land,i`ll give you a shout........(y)

Mind you I kinda like the squirrel :LOL:

To me that shot of Wullie is actually is the best and a real cracker (y)
There are a lot of people here that would aspire to taking that, me included!

Hey Sawman,
First time iv got on since I posted asking for these pics in the other thread.
That's a great set up you have there, and some cracking results you are getting from it.
Love the squirrel shot (y)
Is the window just an open space in the shed? If so how come the squirrel comes so close without getting spooked?

Thanks again for the time you took to post up these shots, very inspirational :)

The window is just a board cut to fill the hole. When it is removed then yes there is nothing but air between me & the squirrels. Just sit very quiet ( well I sometimes say hello Wullie) & they are quite happy. I have had one in there running around the floor among my feet. I left the door slightly open that day!

To me that shot of Wullie is actually is the best and a real cracker (y)
There are a lot of people here that would aspire to taking that, me included!

Cheers. I have a very soft spot for my squirrlies(y)

Thanks for showing your hide set up Charlie. There are two or three ideas I will be borrowing from you (y)

Some great shots of the variety of creatures you manage to attract too. :)

The window is just a board cut to fill the hole. When it is removed then yes there is nothing but air between me & the squirrels. Just sit very quiet ( well I sometimes say hello Wullie) & they are quite happy. I have had one in there running around the floor among my feet. I left the door slightly open that day!

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up.
I guess the fact you are providing them as much squirrel feed as they desire will have them become used to you.

Once again, great set up and look forward to seeing you reap the benefits from it in the future (y)

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up.
I guess the fact you are providing them as much squirrel feed as they desire will have them become used to you.

Once again, great set up and look forward to seeing you reap the benefits from it in the future (y)

This years "crop" of reds are much less trusting than last year though. Once you start to study them in detail you quickly realise that like humans they all have different characters.:)

Thanks for showing your hide set up Charlie. There are two or three ideas I will be borrowing from you (y)

Some great shots of the variety of creatures you manage to attract too. :)

Glad you got some ideas. I forgot to mention that the box like thing is where the squirrel mix goes.

Thanks Charlie. Its interesting to see your set up. You say the reds peep in to your hide. Do they know you are in there do you think? My robin ( oops not your favuorite I think) seems to look right at me through the window.

Thanks Charlie. Its interesting to see your set up. You say the reds peep in to your hide. Do they know you are in there do you think? My robin ( oops not your favuorite I think) seems to look right at me through the window.

I am just back from the hide. I went too feed them this morning & got caught in a heavy snow shower so I just HAD to take shelter in the hide for an hour.;)
This morning a red one sat about 12inches from me on the pole that leads up to the window. He sat there quietly munching on a Walnut while keeping his eye on me. So yes, I would say they are aware I am in there. They sit in the trees round about watching me filling feeders too & sometimes come down before I have gone inside.
Had a Redwing & a nice male Yellowhammer there as well this morning.(y)

Funny you say that Charlie, I filled the feeders up at my hide on Sunday.The nuthatches and coal tits were on the feeders as I stood next to them. It was a wonderful thing to see.I could have literally touched them....:)

It is indeed. You feel kinda privileged!
Bit like I did here.
showphoto.php
[/url]

Bloody hell Charlie
Thats excellent! (y)

But you seem to have cut the top off the left hand side critter :p :LOL:

Bloody hell Charlie
Thats excellent! (y)

But you seem to have cut the top off the left hand side critter :p :LOL:

I did not take the picture though. A while back now Mrs Sawman & I had the pleasure of a visit from TP's own Janice.
She took the shot with a Canon while peering round the corner of the hide. The pic needed a straighten & off came my head!:LOL:

:D

Hope you noted the rare smile! does not happen often:LOL:

Duly noted and I must admit that at first glance
I thought the whole picture had been "shopped"
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

It is indeed. You feel kinda privileged!
Bit like I did here.
]

Charlie, i`m sure one of the nuthatches or coal tits will land on me soon...........:D

Filled the feeder this morning and they were landing within a foot of me and grabbing the spilt black sunflower hearts off the table as I was filling the feeders on the same table.........(y)

You must mean the squirrel............:puke:

Charlie, i`m sure one of the nuthatches or coal tits will land on me soon...........:D

Filled the feeder this morning and they were landing within a foot of me and grabbing the spilt black sunflower hearts off the table as I was filling the feeders on the same table.........(y)

Aye they are not fussy:p:LOL:

I had a squirrel take a hazelnut from my hand. I was amazed at how gently it did it.

Ach I ken you are just jealous:p:LOL:

Yep, as I am jealous at your ability to devour a breakfast roll in 3 mouthfuls.............:LOL:

Back