High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

What are people's opinions on fz1000 ii or fz2000? Thanks
I've had the fz1000 mk1 and the fz2000, final results are similar if using for stills. I like the handling of the 2000 over the 1000 but there isn't much between them. I sold them on and just use the Sony rx10 iv and rx100 vii now which suits me slighty better. There are a few videos on you tube compairing the two side by side that might be worth looking at Harrison.

I have a bit of a question.

My mark 4… I’ve hit some button so that when reviewing images I now only get tiny images and the histogram.

While I appreciate this is useful, how the deck to I switch it back so that I see a full-size image?

I’ve googled it but it talks about going into the menu systems.

I know I switched it on accidentally without being in the menus, so is it possible to switch it back the same way?

Also, if I know how I did it, hopefully it will stop me doing it again.

Thanks in advance.

I have a bit of a question.

My mark 4… I’ve hit some button so that when reviewing images I now only get tiny images and the histogram.

While I appreciate this is useful, how the deck to I switch it back so that I see a full-size image?

I’ve googled it but it talks about going into the menu systems.

I know I switched it on accidentally without being in the menus, so is it possible to switch it back the same way?

Also, if I know how I did it, hopefully it will stop me doing it again.

Thanks in advance.
When viewing press the zoom lever to zoom in ....

Kell - I think you need to hit the top of the rear control wheel under ‘Disp’ to cycle through the different review displays

That's it. Thank you.

I would have sworn I'd pressed every possible button, switch and wheel to try and get it back.

:headbang:

As I was in the garden today I thought I might do a side-by-side experiment.

Canon 5D MKIII plus Canon 100-400 L MKI versus a Sony RX10 M4

Same spot. same settings (shutter speed of 400, Aperture of f/5.6 and ISO at 100) and as near as I could to the the same focal length. Not SOOC, but processed in the same way.

Three images. Not a huge amount in it, but the Canon is better (IMO) in the way it renders the bokeh. Although I do prefer the Sony on the holly and I'm not sure there's really anything in it on the leaves at the end.

Thoughts?

5D3 v RX10M4 by Kell, on Flickr

Interesting comparison Kell - thanks for posting :)

The bokeh is way better on the 5Diii (as expected) but sharpness looks similar to me. It's always going to be tricky getting a smooth background with a small sensor camera (the other big drawback is noise at high iso - I rarely use iso1600 and never higher) but then the RX10 is cheaper, lighter, covers a much great focal range etc so it depends what's important to you...

I've been wrestling with the idea of a 100-400 or similar for my A7Rii but I just can't convince myself that any marginal improvement would be worth the effort and expense - will probaby do nowt :)

Tricky conditions for this one - poor light (so iso800) and messy background. Use Topaz Denoise to clean it up and sharpen then smoothed out the background by creating a layer with Gaussian blur and merging with the original. Quite happy with it - thoughts welcome! :)

Redwing Thrush by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Very nice wildlife style capture Mike, liking this pic' very much.

Back