HMS Illustrious moored at Greenwich

Name
gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Caught a brief sighting of HMS Illustrious on the Thames yesterday heading towards London it was some sight. She will be moored near the old naval college Greenwich until the 12th nov, would be worth a visit and you never know you might even be able to sneak a photo or two.

Im gona see this ship for nxt few days, everyday :) It's 'parked' at my work door step ;)
Maybe I will get my camera with me to work to make few pictures ;)

Have got a day off on Friday so will be taking a trip into the city to see if I can get some piccies of this.

Any one else fancy joining me??

Unfortuantely I'm having my ears syringed!!!! I'm not kidding! Thought forecast for Friday for London was heavy rain.

Where exactly is it moored, is it right by the Navel collage ? I was going to try and see it from the north bank, getting off the DLR at Island Gardens. Does anyone know if this will be and good place to see it from ?

I think you need to walk through park from Island Gardens, then through the foot tunnel and take a right along the bank as you get out of the other side!

I think you need to walk through park from Island Gardens, then through the foot tunnel and take a right along the bank as you get out of the other side!

I want to shoot from the north bank ( maybe Island Gardens) , thought I might get a more uninterupted view from there across the river. Hence I need to know where it is moored.

I need to stop getting wound up about things on the internet. It's an armed sailor or marine, not a soldier. Grrrrr.

Last time, I walked all the way up to the end of the Isle of Dogs and took a few photos from the North side of the river.

I need to stop getting wound up about things on the internet. It's an armed sailor or marine, not a soldier. Grrrrr..

Yes and it's a ship not a boat

Yes calm down Blapto think of the heart, oh and like a good boy I have changed navel to naval :)

I was lucky enough to get a tour of the ship when she was docked in Rosyth for refurbishment. The new ones are going to be considerably bigger - it's already pretty huge!

hi everyone new on here saw this tread about HMS Illustrious took a few shots yesterday
uploaded a couple of pics to the gallerie on here how do i make them show in the thread help lol :bang:

ok dont need help found out how to upload images lol

taken from island gardens load of cranes in the background had a go at cloning them out

PB067069.jpg

taken from greenwich side of water

PB067026.jpg

Back