HMS Manchester

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Just a heads up, HMS Manchester will be returing to Portsmouth on the 9th Dec around 9am.:clap::clap::clap:

They have been away on a 6 month deployment.(y)
An opportunity to get some pics of another Royal Navy ship destined for the recycle bin :crying:

Finally had time to post some pics on here
HMSManchester1.jpg
[/IMG]

HMSManchester3.jpg
[/IMG]

Spinnakertower.jpg
[/IMG]

HMSManchester2.jpg
[/IMG]

Mick

Last edited:
RN going the same way as the MN. Once, best in the world. Now, an also ran.

went down to the bay tonight to see the old lady, Ark Royal. She isnt moored where it had reported she would be, but a quick check on AIS says shes a bit further out.

I had planned to go and get a nice sunrise with her in the background for her last day serving the realm. Pants.

Will have to keep my eye out for Manchester on the 9th :)

It's a sin,

I watched the Ark Royal sail out of the Tyne for the last time :thumbsdown:

My son will be on HMS Manchester, so we are trravelling from Durham to see him return.

He has managed to get some pics published in Dec issue of the RN News (y)

Mick

Couldn't agree more. :thumbsdown: What would the good old boys from HMS Hood (and all the other great ships) think of the way the RN is being treated today?

Not many left from the Hood, only about three survivors from the original sinking by the Bismarck.:(
Apparently, one of my far flung relations got drunk and arrested, so couldn't sail on her last fateful voyage.

Not many left from the Hood, only about three survivors from the original sinking by the Bismarck.:(

That's what I meant - none of the good old boys are left now (the last of the three surviviors passed away in 2008).

Apparently, one of my far flung relations got drunk and arrested, so couldn't sail on her last fateful voyage.

Blimey, he was lucky.

PS. Great pic of Hood's crew 1939 - 6th pic in left column here : http://www.hmshood.com/photos/miscellaneous/misccrew.htm

Ozei,

Thanks for the link, it's good to see all the old pics.

Mick

HMS Hood - one of the all-time great ships Mick. I remember my dad telling me about the wave of shock throughout GB when news of her sinking came through - a sad, sad day.

Back