Hot Stuff

Nice Paul, I like the colours with the dark surface but I keep trying to look at the unlit one front-left :LOL:
Ahh yes... Thanks, Gave. I`ll have a look at lightening that one up :)

**EDIT** Just lightened it up subtlety in PS (y)

Last edited:
Ahh yes... Thanks, Gave. I`ll have a look at lightening that one up :)

**EDIT** Just lightened it up subtlety in PS (y)
Just for info so I can learn about this type of shooting, do you use static lighting or flash?

Just for info so I can learn about this type of shooting, do you use static lighting or flash?

For this one, I used a fibre optic brush to paint the light 13 secs @ f11. And for the cabbage leaf, just a torch shining up from underneath :)

Always happy to help/share info, mate.

For this one, I used a fibre optic brush to paint the light 13 secs @ f11. And for the cabbage leaf, just a torch shining up from underneath :)

Always happy to help/share info, mate.
Thanks Paul

I would never have thought of using a fibre optic brush, may have look into that ;)

Thanks again

Gav

Thanks Paul

I would never have thought of using a fibre optic brush, may have look into that ;)

Thanks again

Gav

No worries, mate.
They are fun, but can be frustrating at the same time ;) I`ve had so many wronguns come out. But there`s usually one or two that are likable.

No worries, mate.
They are fun, but can be frustrating at the same time ;) I`ve had so many wronguns come out. But there`s usually one or two that are likable.

I'm used to a high fail rate, I'll improve one day :LOL:

Anyway.. good work (y)

I hope you put them to good use after the shoot..
It looks like there are a couple of interesting ones in the bunch. Perhaps isolate a couple of them to show off their shapes?
The bright colour with the dark negative space works well for me.

I hope you put them to good use after the shoot..
It looks like there are a couple of interesting ones in the bunch. Perhaps isolate a couple of them to show off their shapes?
The bright colour with the dark negative space works well for me.
Thank you (y)

Haha not all in one go, but one went with the cabbage... One advantage with food shots, is you get to eat it afterwards :)

That's a good thought on separating them a bit. Next time ;)

Back