How to ignore picture orientation when importing raw to photoshop HDR?

gaffer

Name
Andrew Beattie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a sequence of bracketed pictures that I want to import into HDR in Photoshop.

I took the pictures lying on my back:

OcUKLondon201012.jpg

The problem is that the camera switched from "landscape" to "portrait" half-way through the sequence!

When I try to import them into the HDR tool in CS5, it complains "images to be merged must be the same size".

But they *are* the same size. It is just that some of them have the orientation set differently.

If I open the pictures individually and use "add open files", then I'm not doing HDR from Raw :-(

So... How can I tell Photoshop to ignore the orientation flag during HDR import (or how do I remove the orientation flag from the raw?

Andrew

If you want a quick solution, just reorient and save the offending images as a different format, say 16 bit TIFFs so they're equivalent to your RAW files.

I've never had this problem, though I'd have thought if you rotated in the raw viewer the .xmp files should keep this from happening.

Last edited:
If you open the raw in ACR and rotate then just save it should do the job, (havent tried it though)

Back