I got published!

Nice one mate, congrats!

I know the problem with having to chop and change between your dongle and the card reader, for all Apple are amazing at designing their stuff, this is the one major flaw in the MacBook as I see it!

Dave

For anyone whos interested..shot my first game solo the other night..(Championship match between P'boro & Reading) and was much surprised the next morning, that my photo got ran in the Daily Star! Was rather pleased :) Full write up on my blog for anyone who cares :bonk: lol.

Link - http://robfisherphotographic.co.uk/2012/03/first-solo-game-first-national-publication/

Good stuff, and an interesting read there, sounded a bit stressful, but you obviously enjoyed it and got a good result (y)

Mark,

I have a Vodafone dongle, being honest, it's ****! Is the MiFi much better?

Dave

Cheers guys,,,ive used a 3 mifi before, they are quite good, but ive had problems with that aswell! Need to use the dongle with an extension lead in the MBP then it all fits in fine - i now know lol!

Mark,

I have a Vodafone dongle, being honest, it's ****! Is the MiFi much better?

Dave

Yup streets better.

The upload speed on an HSDPA connection is something that you have to see to believe. I've double filed in a few cases because I didn't think that the files had uploaded and a stringer for the Oxford Mail said exactly the same thing to me on Tuesday.

Likewise there's no peeing about with software and drivers, you just connect to a WiFi. Turn it on at the beginning of a task and that's it, up and running. Plus battery life is 5-6 hours depending on type of useage.

Three's coverage also knocks Vodaphone into a cocked hat for data speed.

Cheers for that Mark, Vodafone will be getting ditched!

Get a Three MiFi before the next game!!

cant believe the difference.. had mine a while now..took a gamble as the three dongle i had been using for yonks just wasnt hacking it.

Remember for that to work you've got to be in an area where 3 covers. Which is far from everywhere once you start leaving towns and cities.

I take a mobile device with me everywhere i go, either 3G enables iPad or my laptop and my 3 dongle/sim hasnt ever failed me and its been on top Peny Ghent and Ingleborough as well as down in deepest Cornwall and Scotland, its by far and away the best network as its the newest, the others like T Mobile and Orange have to piggy back on each others networks and during the switch a signal is lost.

I take a mobile device with me everywhere i go, either 3G enables iPad or my laptop and my 3 dongle/sim hasnt ever failed me and its been on top Peny Ghent and Ingleborough as well as down in deepest Cornwall and Scotland.

And the police STILL can't track him down :D

Congtats Rob, well done!
Glad to see your flying solo now fella (y), That seems a great angle to get a usage from!, I did the same with Jordan Rhodes:) (check out the agencies site (national News use);). Kind regards Graham.

I'm interested. Bookmarked your blog for reading tomorrow & the future.

Well done on your publication. That was an interesting read.

For anyone whos interested..shot my first game solo the other night..(Championship match between P'boro & Reading) and was much surprised the next morning, that my photo got ran in the Daily Star! Was rather pleased :) Full write up on my blog for anyone who cares :bonk: lol.

Link - http://robfisherphotographic.co.uk/2012/03/first-solo-game-first-national-publication/

Your Dans Apprentice ;)

Stick with him mate, he's a wealth of information (y)

Well done on getting the usage on your first game too!

Back