I ordered a Canon 600D from DigitalRev which arrived damaged

Edit My Images
No
I ordered a Canon 600D from DigitalRev's webstore. When the item arrived and I opened the packaging the camera body was broken (huge chunk of plastic had been snapped off) and the camera lens had cracks. :crying:

Now i'm not sure whether it was packaged like this? my guess is that DHL did not deliver the item properly as it looked like the box had been squished which is why everything was broken.

What can DigitalRev do about this? will I have to return it for repairs? can they give me a full refund? or will I have to send it off to local Canon repairs under warranty?

Am I covered under this kind of damage? I have taken pictures for proof.:shrug:

I decided to buy from DigitalRev after reading hundreds of positive reviews and the fact that the camera was a lot cheaper than UK shops. My worry is that DigitalRev will do nothing about it and I will have to pay for all the costs myself.

Can someone offer me any assurance from personal experience with dealing with returns/refunds/faulty goods?

img0896ta.jpg

img0894hu.jpg

img0893ba.jpg

img0891jm.jpg

img0890kj.jpg

img0889n.jpg

Have you contacted Digitalrev? That should be your 1st port of call

Yes I have emailed them with all the details. Have to wait 24-48 hours for a reply though. I am quite disappointed.

I spoke to someone on their online chat feature. However she seemed to be more concerned about the lens instead of the body. Maybe the only part they can replace is the lens? Guess I just have to wait.

Why did you sign for the package in that state.
Looks like someone has been kicking it about

Yes I have emailed them with all the details. Have to wait 24-48 hours for a reply though. I am quite disappointed.

I spoke to someone on their online chat feature. However she seemed to be more concerned about the lens instead of the body. Maybe the only part they can replace is the lens? Guess I just have to wait.

Im pretty sure they will aim to address both. Maybe more the lens due to glass, possibly causing injury. Best to await what they say. If they advise on repair, request a refund or replacement as im sure you would be in your returns period.

Ive dealt with various couriers in the past for a large electronics company. I have seen some demolished packages in the past but this is now in my top 10! Who was the courier out of interest?

Im pretty sure they will aim to address both. Maybe more the lens due to glass, possibly causing injury. Best to await what they say. If they advise on repair, request a refund or replacement as im sure you would be in your returns period.

Ive dealt with various couriers in the past for a large electronics company. I have seen some demolished packages in the past but this is now in my top 10! Who was the courier out of interest?

The courier was DHL!

The packaging looked fine from the outside.
And no one really opens their package before signing for it.
I will next time though!

Yes, the item was shipped from Hong Kong yesterday and arrived at my house at 10am this morning. I was pleased with the speed of the delivery......no so much the state of the product...

There have been instances where items like this are boxed within boxed. I have been involved in situations where courier companies have had to open packages before reaching their final destination.

Yes, the item was shipped from Hong Kong yesterday and arrived at my house at 10am this morning. I was pleased with the speed of the delivery......no so much the state of the product...
Quite a way to travel and not really much way of stopping that from happening. Most likely if they send another, you run this risk. I honestly cannot see this happening again but from my previous encounters, its just luck of the draw.

Is the VAT you saved worth the hassle you're getting?

Last edited:
ouch.

I know this isn't going to help, but I have got into the habit of opening the package in front of the courier before I sign or decline...

It sometimes makes them a bit grumpy but hey ho...

Well, if the worst comes to the worst you'll have to take them to court. Of course, you'll have to do that in Hong Kong. Hope you speak Cantonese.

Well, if the worst comes to the worst you'll have to take them to court. Of course, you'll have to do that in Hong Kong. Hope you speak Cantonese.

Very helpful!! and I'm sure it just what the gent wants to hear at a time like this.... any more useless information.

Naeem

I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know the latest position as I was thinking about using DigitalRev to order something. So it would be good if you could keep us posted (y)

Naeem

I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know the latest position as I was thinking about using DigitalRev to order something. So it would be good if you could keep us posted (y)

The OP joined up on the day he started this thread :thinking:

What can DigitalRev do about this? will I have to return it for repairs? can they give me a full refund? or will I have to send it off to local Canon repairs under warranty?

Why should Canon repair this under warranty? It is clearly not a manufacturing fault.

Last edited:
I am wondering how the internal packaging is smashed to bits and the outer packaging looked fine.
defies logic, unless of course the camera was damaged before it was packaged

Would the OP post any pics of the external packaging

Looks like DHL decided instead of landing the plane and offloading, they would just throw it out of the plane above your house!

I am sure you will get sorted out

The level of staggeringly useless responses on this thread beggars belief. Sure, some people are not happy with grey import sites, but damage in transit can happen regardless of whether it came from Hong Kong or 5 miles down the road - sure, more miles means greater chance, but still, it happens.

DR have said it'll take that time for a response, I know it's aggravating but they haven't been unhelpful, they have just not replied as fast as you'd maybe liked. I'm sure this has happened before and they would know how to go from here.

Yeah a lot of digital rev bashing for no real reason! I've ordered a few things from them now and it's always arrived prompt and in perfect condition! The op should have contacted them instead of starting this utterly useless thread

This thread is pretty poor show, fine start a thread if your unhappy at the way DR sorts this out. But, for goodness sake give them the chance to sort something out before you blacken there name in a forum where the usual monkeys flip in there useless pemnyworth.
I recommend this thread is deleted and the op restarts it after his issues are resolved, your not just making points your actually damaging a business!

I will be surprised if the OP comes back, but I hope I am proved wrong as there are a few facts do not add up here.

I will be surprised if the OP comes back, but I hope I am proved wrong as there are a few facts do not add up here.

He has had more people visit his profile vs his posts. :LOL:

Hi,

OP, would you please kindly send me a PM with your order #? I would be glad to look into the case for you.

Currently, I have already sent this thread to our team for trying to locate your order from the information here. But, it would be easier if you can provide me the order number while also send it to CS01@digitalrev.com to avoid any delays because of the weekend.

Thank you!

UPDATE: DHL collected the damaged parcel from me and sent it back to DigitalRev for free. I was then sent a replacement item the following week. However, this was after many emails and phone calls to DigitalRev and DHL.

I registered to this forum to reply to your post. I have bought a few things from DR who used DHL. Basically DHL sucks. I've bought so many things online and the few times sent with DHL, resulted in a cracked LCD on a canon S100 and a broken Polaroid camera. Now I request to sellers not to use DHL. DR were very good and sent me a replacement. Ended up costing me more since they did not cover my postal fee. All the best I'm sure you will have no problems getting it sorted.

Back