Ice Hockey photography thread - 2011/2012 season - Post your shots here

Just received my accreditation application for the Playoff weekend in April - who's going along??

Just received my accreditation application for the Playoff weekend in April - who's going along??

Interesting, I applied to BIHA/EIHA and was told, by Ken Taggert, I had to go through the team I am registered to (off Ice Team Official). As accreditation is for 1 photographer and 1 reporter, but on speaking to the chairman of Tigers we will not get any accreditations as Tigers will not be at the event, so now NOT happy !!

Who did you have to apply to?

Steve

I think Dean is talking about the Elite League playoffs and not the EPL Steve. Ive spoke to the EIHA ages ago about covering the EPL playoffs and the email I got baqck from Harry Howton is that they only have 1 togger covering the EPL playoffs who is already sorted.

In regards to the Elite League accreditation, you have to apply for that. Im waiting to get my application docs through.

Yep that's right Matt, I was talking about the Elite League accreditation and you're right, you have to apply for it each year. I'll be applying as the Steelers/Star photographer so am hoping it puts me in a good position for being accepted, being both the club and press photographer.

Yep that's right Matt, I was talking about the Elite League accreditation and you're right, you have to apply for it each year. I'll be applying as the Steelers/Star photographer so am hoping it puts me in a good position for being accepted, being both the club and press photographer.

guys sent an email; to Elite league media and was told they dont do accreditation, so where/who you talking to;

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your email. It is up to individual clubs to accreditate photographers for their games should they so wish.
Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

Kind Regards,

Chris Ellis

:shrug::shrug:

I had mine forwarded on from the Cardiff Devils official photographer. It looks like they are being sent directly to the clubs/photographers. I didn't receive one due to me only just taking over the official role from what I can tell. Here's the email:-

The ninth Elite League play-off finals weekend takes place at the National Ice Centre in Nottingham on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April 2012.

Please find attached the accreditation forms for the event for broadcaster, journalist (newspaper & online) and photographer.

The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd March 2012 but I would appreciate it if you could return as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Chris Ellis
Elite League media officer

I spoke to guy allocating media passes for the play offs this morning. He said that he'd not sent me out a form to fill in, as he knew I'd be coming, and he knows which team and media outlets I support anyway, so he's just automatically allocated one for me.

In the past, it's been quite limited as to who gets accreditation. Generally it's 1 (or at the most 2) photographers for each team at the play offs. The photography pit can get a little crowded when you get more than 4 or 5 people in there at once!

If you do get accreditation, you'll have access to the pit, and also the concourse areas in the arena. Generally, there's a gentlemans agreement between the snappers that says that the best spots (in the pit) are taken by the photographers for the teams that are playing.

Oh, you also get access to the media lounge in the stadium, so free drinks, hot meals, access to press conferences, desks and wifi etc. It's very well organised.

Good luck to those applying, and I'll see you there!

I spoke to guy allocating media passes for the play offs this morning.
;) ;) ;)

In the past, it's been quite limited as to who gets accreditation. Generally it's 1 (or at the most 2) photographers for each team at the play offs. The photography pit can get a little crowded when you get more than 4 or 5 people in there at once!
That could be a problem doubt very much Tigers are going to be there :crying: :)

Oh, you also get access to the media lounge in the stadium, so free drinks, hot meals, access to press conferences, desks and wifi etc. It's very well organised.
And That takes me back to St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay ! :) :) :crying:

Still Trying.... Some say very Trying

Last edited:
;) ;) ;)

That could be a problem doubt very much Tigers are going to be there :crying: :)

And That takes me back to St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay ! :) :) :crying:

Still Trying.... Some say very Trying

I think as much as anything, it depends on how many people apply. It got silly 4 or 5 years ago, as 3 or 4 photographers from each team were applying and turning up, and most of them were only shooting for their own personal portfolios, rather than any media outlets. You couldn't move in the photographers pit! Last couple of years have been better, as the numbers have been reduced, due to the stricter vetting process.

If you're shooting for a media outlet who will use pictures, you've still got a good chance of being accredited. After all, we generally get a couple of National snappers turn up on final day, and they're certainly not attached to any clubs...

Yes I was talking about the Elite League playoffs Steve, ive already made contact with the EIHA about the EPL playoffs and basically there zero chance of getting a media pass. I had an email back from the powers that be saying they have 1 photographer that covers the EPL playoff games and they dont give out any other media passes.

The accreditation Mark & Dean are on about, and myself, is for the Elite League playoffs which is the week earlier in Notts ;)

Yep, sorry for the confusion. Matt's right, I was talking about the Elite playoffs and am certain Mark was too. As Mark says further up, it's definitely worth you applying. The worst they can say is no but if there's room and they accept you, it'd be great to meet up for a chat.

That's assuming I get accepted of course! Being the only photographer for the Steelers and Sheffield Star, I'm really hoping that puts me in a good position.

Yep, sorry for the confusion. Matt's right, I was talking about the Elite playoffs and am certain Mark was too. As Mark says further up, it's definitely worth you applying. The worst they can say is no but if there's room and they accept you, it'd be great to meet up for a chat.

That's assuming I get accepted of course! Being the only photographer for the Steelers and Sheffield Star, I'm really hoping that puts me in a good position.

Is Richard not going from the Steelers? Or is he is back to being a Cardiff boy these days? :) If you're now the official photographer for the Steelers, I'd think you'd be pretty much assured of a media pass.

First beer's on me (y)

Just applied for my pass, not suire if ioll be successful as Im not associated with any Elite League teams but ive got my fingers crossed. Will let you all know if I get it (y)

UPDATE: Not being issued a media pass. Just got a reply email saying that preference will go to toggers from the 4 teams and national press & magazine photographers. Im on the short list should any spaces become available.

Last edited:
Is Richard not going from the Steelers? Or is he is back to being a Cardiff boy these days? :) If you're now the official photographer for the Steelers, I'd think you'd be pretty much assured of a media pass.

First beer's on me (y)

Richard shoots both but is applying for his accreditation as the Cardiff photographer.

If I get accepted I was going to drive down but you make a good point about the beer - might have to get the train :LOL:

Had a bit of a layoff from hockey with there being no home game last weekend. Looking forward to getting back to the action this Sunday though. Been having a play ith a few shots from my last game, rather liked this one

D7K_7417 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

Had a bit of a layoff from hockey with there being no home game last weekend. Looking forward to getting back to the action this Sunday though. Been having a play ith a few shots from my last game, rather liked this one

Nice, funny that he is bathed in white light with AWB on his shoulder when it clearly was MWB :LOL:

Quite like the Steelers shirt (which, from a Panthers fan, takes some saying ;)), definitely need to get out and do some hockey (will probably be next season now), as work has had a massive effect on what I can and can't do over the past 6 months.

Just had my email back confirming that i've been issued with accreditation for the playoff weekend. Really looking forward to it. Be good to meet up with as many of you as I can - hopefully those of you on the waiting list will be able to sneak through too!

Don't know if anyone has gone tonight, but Nottingham Uni vs Nottingham Trent in the Varsity Match.. Live on http://www.trent-tv.com/ :D

Hi guys
I always have a look at this thread and enjoy the photos you all put on,so i thought i better put some on, i take the photos for the bracknell beekeepers u12s which my son plays number 7 , we was at milton keynes on saturday a great match and all played well here are some photos:-

1 this is my son in black & yellow,love the look on the other kids face,

MX0P4273_edited-1 by Junior Bee's Ice Hockey, on Flickr

MX0P4324_edited-1 by Junior Bee's Ice Hockey, on Flickr

MX0P4337_edited-1 by Junior Bee's Ice Hockey, on Flickr

MX0P4290_edited-1 by Junior Bee's Ice Hockey, on Flickr

more on my flickr
thanks for looking,(y)

Hi guys
I always have a look at this thread and enjoy the photos you all put on,so i thought i better put some on, i take the photos for the bracknell beekeepers u12s which my son plays number 7 , we was at milton keynes on saturday a great match and all played well here are some photos:-

Welcome to the forum. Nice set of images you have there

Im sure all of us in this thread know Fife Flyers coach Todd Dutiaume. Personally I knew him from his time in Telford and was lucky enough to train and play along side him for a period of time with the Telford Tigers. Such tragic news today of the sudden death of his wife, Kelly, and I'm sure you'll all join me in sending our heartfelt condolences to Todd and his family at this difficult time.

hewhoknows said:
Im sure all of us in this thread know Fife Flyers coach Todd Dutiaume. Personally I knew him from his time in Telford and was lucky enough to train and play along side him for a period of time with the Telford Tigers. Such tragic news today of the sudden death of his wife, Kelly, and I'm sure you'll all join me in sending our heartfelt condolences to Todd and his family at this difficult time.

+1. Still gobsmacked at this news. Thoughts and prayers with Todd and his family in what must be an unbearable time for them.

Back