Ice Hockey photography thread - 2011/2012 season - Post your shots here

I have had a chance to shoot at a couple of MK Lightning games. I thought I would share a couple of pic. As a photographer I mostly shoot BW as a style. I personally think the images work very well.

8HVxWT

8HVyaB

8HYEzE

Thought i'd just include you guys in a photography milestone for me - since you've been with me since the beginning! I've had my first picture used in the local press. Very chuffed (Tredders might not be happy though! :)):-

Well done !, its a great feeling isnt it money or no money :), just had one published in 'Professional Phoographer' Magazine - no cash just kudos !

Steve

Nice set Dean, always impressed with the clarity and sharpness of your images...oh and the colours are pretty darn good too (y)

I only managed to shoot the 3rd period of the Tigers Vs Bison game yesterday. Not done much processing due to 900 martial arts shots ive done tonight but here's a few that did sneak in there:

D7K_5711 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_5828 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_5781 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_5766 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_5795 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_5854 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

Nice set Dean, always impressed with the clarity and sharpness of your images...oh and the colours are pretty darn good too (y)

Thanks Matt. Really feel that I'm starting to get into the swing of it now. Have been offered the official photographer role for the Steelers from next season (regular shooter has decided to call it a day) so need all the practice I can get!!

Thanks Matt. Really feel that I'm starting to get into the swing of it now. Have been offered the official photographer role for the Steelers from next season (regular shooter has decided to call it a day) so need all the practice I can get!!

Excellent news mate, well done. :clap:

Wednesday saw the Tigers travel to Elite League team Coventry Blaze for a friendly game, massive thanks to Mark 'Tredders' Tredgold for the invite to shoot the game.

Very nice mate, white and crisp, (sounds like a "bold advert"), bit weird seeing our players with no noise though :LOL:

We gotta get some of those lights

Very nice mate, white and crisp, (sounds like a "bold advert"), bit weird seeing our players with no noise though :LOL:

We gotta get some of those lights

I really hope they sort the lighting out when the refurb takes place, the conditions in Coventry are so nice to shoot in. Fingers crossed eh (y)

Just home from an awesome game tonight between Telford Tigers Vs Sheffield Steeldogs, great hockey, lots of fights and a 3-1 WIN!!! :D

Here's a few shots from the fights, ahem i mean game:

Matt, great photos of those fights, still working through mine, think i over did the trigger finger though, 250+ shots in the game, 245 fight ones lol :)

Matt, great photos of those fights, still working through mine, think i over did the trigger finger though, 250+ shots in the game, 245 fight ones lol :)

Tell me about it, I shot around 360 shots from the game which is alot considering I only usually shoot about 175-200!! Just shows how much good action there was, here's a few more images from the game:

D7K_6605 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_6600 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_6636 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_6524 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_6467 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

D7K_6332 by Matt_Giles, on Flickr

Havent bothered processing these much, just batched them through lightroom. I need a break from photo processing, seems like im on my pc 24/7 lately!!

I went to a Fight and a Hockey match broke out

Very Physical game between tigers and steeldogs last Sunday (22nd). 4 fights in Total, 1 for Joe Henry and Josh Bruce - not the 'type' of guys who normally drop the gloves and two for Dan Croft, been quite recently but took a dislike to Payette and had a couple of good dances;

Bruce v Calvert

Tigers v Steel Dogs by Steve Brodie, on Flickr

Croft v Payette ROUND 1

Croft v Payette ROUND 2

Dont know about you Steve but ive noticed a change in the lighting at Telford, from bad to worse! Ive checked back on some of my images from just before christmas and was getting better quality images, not sure what they have done up there!!

Dont know about you Steve but ive noticed a change in the lighting at Telford, from bad to worse! Ive checked back on some of my images from just before christmas and was getting better quality images, not sure what they have done up there!!

Lamps Dying?, hopefully will be replaced with some new shiny ones when the refurb happens, if it still does go ahead !

I went to a Fight and a Hockey match broke out

Very Physical game between tigers and steeldogs last Sunday (22nd). 4 fights in Total, 1 for Joe Henry and Josh Bruce - not the 'type' of guys who normally drop the gloves and two for Dan Croft, been quite recently but took a dislike to Payette and had a couple of good dances;

Jeez, what are you feeding our ex-players up there? Brucey fighting? Never seen that before!

Jeez, what are you feeding our ex-players up there? Brucey fighting? Never seen that before!

:LOL: tell me about it, the lads played a very physical game against the Steeldogs and it defo paid off with a win.

We beat top of the league Guildford last night too, 5-4 after pens, our home form is definitely on the up!!

:LOL: tell me about it, the lads played a very physical game against the Steeldogs and it defo paid off with a win.

We beat top of the league Guildford last night too, 5-4 after pens, our home form is definitely on the up!!

And Brittle was gunning for some action as well. Thought he was going to 'dance' on Sundays game against the flames. Photos to put up tonight

Back