If you had the chance to visit Outer Space...

Edit My Images
No
...would you?

What with our current limitations with space travel, and the fact that outer space is such a hostile environment, would you dare the journey?

The risk versus the ultimate experience. :|

I would. If you live your life being afraid, you'll never try anything new and live a rather boring life.

Yeah count me in too.

personally i wouldnt - not through fear but because i think space launches are environmentally unethical (in the same way that idon't fly unless i really have to)

that said if they came up with a new technology for getting us out their - like the beanstalk/skip drive a la heinlein/scalzi then yep i'd go for it

:D

No6-Aliens.jpg

Yes. Absolutely. No doubt in my mind. With a harmonica taped to the inside of my helmet.

I was going to apply for that Lynx Apollo thing, but it's basically a popularity contest and I don't even know enough people to get me in the top ten.

Should my Lottery numbers ever come up, you can rest assured I'll be going up there.

personally i wouldnt - not through fear but because i think space launches are environmentally unethical (in the same way that idon't fly unless i really have to)
it

I admire your take on the environment however please define 'unless I really have too'

Absolutely yes. One thing that has always interested me since I was a child is space. I was the kid that wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up. If I ever had the chance I would jump on it.

I admire your take on the environment however please define 'unless I really have too'

My sister lives in austrailia - so should she become seriously ill, or need my presence for any other serious reason, then familial duty will over rule environmental commitment.

Ditto if i was overseas having travelled sustainably and needed to get back quickly for a serious family emergency then I would consider flying

I won't however be flying out to oz (or anywhere else) for holidays nor do i fly on business (although my employer only really operates in the uk so it doesnt come up)

Last edited:
My sister lives in austrailia - so should she become seriously ill, or need my presence for any other serious reason, then familial duty will over rule environmental commitment.

Ditto if i was overseas having travelled sustainably and needed to get back quickly for a serious family emergency then I would consider flying

I won't however be flying out to oz (or anywhere else) for holidays nor do i fly on business (although my employer only really operates in the uk so it doesnt come up)

Fair play, can't fault you for sticking to your guns.

You'd hate working for our lot then, we have one of the biggest in the uk "in house" airlines..

I'd love a quick trip into space, have a trip around the moon and take some shots of where the moon landings were made. Just to see if they actually did land there and then show the results to the world.

I've only flown 3 times in a plane (2 for holidays in Italy and Spain and 1 short pleasure flight in a Dakota at an airshow) and once in a helicopter as a prize for flying a 'copter in a flight simulator the farthest without crashing. Didn't get to fly the real one though. I don't intend to go on any more jaunts though and haven't even got a passport.

I'd love a quick trip into space, have a trip around the moon and take some shots of where the moon landings were made. Just to see if they actually did land there and then show the results to the world.

There are photos of the lunar landing sites already.

Back