I'm so furious!!! Update & Photos

Another mini update.

Had a call to say that the area manager is coming to see me at 10.30 tomorrow morning.

I'll let you know how it goes (y)

cool...looking better and better...

Still not a Ford though...

It is a very high speed low profile tyre, the rubber that is cut is only there to protect the wheel, although it failed here due to the severity of the kerbing.

Yep.

Those tyres have a raised rubber lip around the wheel rim which is there specifically to save the wheel in the event of minor rubs. It may not be obvious from the photo angle but it looks as if that's all that has been damaged (on the tyre that is). I can't see how deep the cut is but it doesn't look to have gone that deep.

I would still want the tyre replacing but I don't think that that is structural damage.

Another update......

The area manager (a very nice man) has been to inspect the damage to the wheels.

He took one look and immediately saw the yellow paint from the curbs. At that point he said he had no doubt that it was down to them and will submit his report accordingly. He also took a couple of photos.

We had a chat and he said they get people constantly trying to blame them for damage to their cars, but when he can obviously see yellow paint from the car park curbs he has no problem reporting that he believes it is down to them.

He said that they will be in touch in the next few days but will probably ask me to get a couple of quotes to get the wheels refurbished. He won't recommend they replace the tyre though as there is no structural damage to it.

I've got to say I'm both stunned and impressed by their response to this. I know they haven't actually paid up yet, but with the area manager reporting that he believes it is down to them, I'm pretty confident they will now.

I'll continue to update the thread as things progress but I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement. Without you guys and gals egging me on I'd have just assumed they'd tell me to eff off and not even bothered contacting them. So thanks :D

And to DF....ner ner ne ner ner :p :LOL:

Last edited:
I am very pleased to hear that, you must be feeling a whole lot better today(y)

crikey - sounds positive - well done you! (y)

I am very pleased to hear that, you must be feeling a whole lot better today(y)

crikey - sounds positive - well done you! (y)

Thanks guys :)

Yeah feeling a whole lot better about it today.

I'm not going to get too excited until I actually get the call saying they'll pay to refurb the wheels, but it's certainly looking promising now (y)

Excellent result!

A couple of wheel refurb places you might like to consider; Little Knocks in Wokingham, Spit'n'Polish, or Lepsons www.lepsons.co.uk.

And when you're fed up with car park monkies swirling the paint to death on your lovely M3, I can sort that out for you, especially as I'm near Reading too ;)

Excellent result!

A couple of wheel refurb places you might like to consider; Little Knocks in Wokingham, Spit'n'Polish, or Lepsons www.lepsons.co.uk.

And when you're fed up with car park monkies swirling the paint to death on your lovely M3, I can sort that out for you, especially as I'm near Reading too ;)

Oh believe me I will NEVER let my car anywhere near a car park valet company again. NEVER! I've seriously learnt a lesson through this experience!

I've just been looking through your web site. Looks like you offer a really top notch service (y) I'll keep you in mind when the time comes to bring the car back to showroom condition again.

Oh and thanks for the recommends of the wheel refurb companies, much appreciated :)

I'll continue to update the thread as things progress but I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement. Without you guys and gays egging me on I'd have just assumed they'd tell me to eff off and not even bothered contacting them. So thanks :D

costumed-smiley-088.gif

:LOL:

^^^Ooops^^^ :LOL:

Well spotted BB :confused: (y)

Post now corrected ;)

That is a result!! Lets hope they come up with the goods and throw in a new tyre as goodwill :D

Maybe they are a little more organised and "official" than the normal mob who frequent supermarket car parks!! They might even have an insurance policy!

just one thought for others - the guys there probably drive a less powerful car.

BIG difference with what happens when you quickly depress the accelerator on an M3 vs a V Polo - maybe just not used to the power???

I remember dropping off a manual S4 at a valet place. Wheelspun away, crunched second, lurched 3rd.

Dinner was not much fun ;)

just one thought for others - the guys there probably drive a less powerful car.

BIG difference with what happens when you quickly depress the accelerator on an M3 vs a V Polo - maybe just not used to the power???

I remember dropping off a manual S4 at a valet place. Wheelspun away, crunched second, lurched 3rd.

Dinner was not much fun ;)

Thats a good point, they have heavy clutches too so its easy to just dump it and up in the poo poo.

Very good news though, lets hope for a new tyre. Cant see it being able to have it refurbed though, I curbed my wife wheel and its about as damanged as yours and we cant have it refurbed to as new it needs replacing.

At least you got your car back! I read in the news many set up fake Car Wash areas in supermarkets and just leave with your car!

Another update....

I had another call from them this afternoon.

They have now confirmed that they will pay to have both wheels refurbished. I also have it in writing in an email!

A good end to the saga imo!

I would never have imagined that they would accept responsibility for this. I've always believed that mistakes happen in life, it's how we deal with them that counts. In this case I'd say it's a big (y) to the Valet company :)

I still won't be using them again though ;)

Bloody hell! Thats a result ! (y)

Glad that you got this one resolved.

Won't ever happen to me, though - my old car never gets a wash. Instead it has built up a natural protective coating of grime for the paintwork! :LOL:

AWESOME! :banana: Great result!!!! :woot:

I'm really pleased they are going to sort this out for you, I can also Imagine that the boss at the company will be looking for the little *'@&1!!! that did the damage to your car! :D

A great result..........wonder if any sackings followed.

I went to Lepsons in Swindon this morning. They were recommended by a couple of you and I can see why! What a top bunch of guys!

As my wheels are polished and not painted alloys, they can't have the usual "fill and paint" repair. Instead they have to be stripped, diamond cut on a lathe (basically skimming off 1mm of the wheel surface), polished and lacquered. The whole process takes about a week!

Fortunately I have a business trip to Spain coming up in a fortnight, so they are going to do them for me during that week.

While I was there they showed me round the workshop and some examples of similar wheels they've refurbished. The quality is unbelievable. You'd never know the wheels had ever been damaged.

And they'll happily keep the battery on your Panzer charged with lots of high revving and sideways action for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Would love to know how much it is going to cost them for their carelessness.

And they'll happily keep the battery on your Panzer charged with lots of high revving and sideways action for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Not a chance mate :nono: The car stays in my garage at home, they only get the two wheels ;)

Would love to know how much it is going to cost them for their carelessness.

£120 per wheel, so £240 :eek:

Back