Image for editing, some help required please

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, My dad passed away last year and my mum has recently found an old faded photograph that she would like to put in a frame. I am wondering if anyone with the appropriate skills in photo editing would have a go at some sort of recovery for me. I have resized the image for posting on here and am wondering if I will be able to resize it again back to 6 x 4 after any editing and ready for printing. Many thanks if anyone is able to help.
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=91664&ppuser=20498

What are you trying to achieve?
this took 2 minutes
Shadow highlights USM

iShot_for_TP_edit.jpg

from this

That's a great result Cargo, Blue nose has got to be happy with that. What was your procedure?

A big thank you to everyone who responded to my plight. I particularly like this one from Tim, it looks very natural and I would like to use it. The next problem that I have Tim is how do I get it from here and into somewhere where I can have a go at printing it. Sorry to appear dim but I am no PC boffin I'm afraid. Thanks again for the help. Geoff

Geoff, the copy I created is really far too small to be used for printing. If you can email me a full sized original, with the highest resolution and quality you can manage then I can apply the same edits to that copy and mail it back to you.

Alternatively, you will need to upload the full sized copy to a hosting site somewhere and I can then download it and pop it back somewhere for you to get hold of. You could use Rapidshare, or Flickr, or Picasaweb, or Yousendit or any number of hosting solutions for the full sized version.

I'll PM you my email address and you can choose how you want to proceed. I'm popping out for a while now so will sort it out when I get back.

There are some really clever people here on TP and as a newcomer to photography I hope that I can learn the camera skills and editing skills quickly enough to become reasonably proficient in the autumn of my years on this beautiful planet of ours. Thanks for your input Martin, this is a splendid effort. Geoff

Another quick play :)

Adjusted the colours and masked off skin with another layer adjustment, slight sharpen and posted:

Adjusted-image.jpg

Back