Images for Newspapers

Edit My Images
Yes
I have to take some pictures of a well known celebrity that maybe used for the National Newspapers if their own photographers do not turn up. Can anyone give some pointers on what format, size etc they expect.

Depends which paper I guess? :shrug:

Wouldn't you be best approaching them direct?

Hi Andy,

I do some freelance work for the Dundee Courier, just the local stuff, I normally send in at 6"x4" @240 dpi, ends up normally about 1Mb file size.

Best to check out though, as above post.

have it around 300dpi and a large file.. around 6meg if you can i would say. They may want to enlarge it so bigger the better is the policy at our local rag. May be different for Nationals though.

you gonna submit direct or through one of the photo agencies like Mr Paparazzi or Scoopt?

thanks all, I have been hired to cover any of the nationals that don't show so they will be submitted directly. Hopefully at least one will be from a newspaper so I can ask them.

could just give them (the nationals) a call.

You'll know the submission requirements and they'll tell you if they are sending anyone to the event at the same time.

No Idea yet as i only took them Friday, 2 agency togs turned up so they will probably get 1st refusal, I am not that bothered as I also got a fee. I also got great experience of working with the 'Paps' they are ****ing ruthless when it comes to getting the 'shot'

i do a lot of this stuff and all the agencies want nice small files.. some want between 1-3 meg.. a BIG angency i submit to say any bigger than 2 meg is OVERKILL!!!

you want to be just under 1 meg.. that'll fill any national paper with a good print.. as good as it'll get in a paper anyway..

Jpg compressed to about 4-5 will do.

Hope this helps..

i do a lot of this stuff and all the agencies want nice small files.. some want between 1-3 meg.. a BIG angency i submit to say any bigger than 2 meg is OVERKILL!!!

you want to be just under 1 meg.. that'll fill any national paper with a good print.. as good as it'll get in a paper anyway..

Jpg compressed to about 4-5 will do.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Pal, I was speaking to the tog from Rex and they submit theirs at 1-2 meg with quality at 7

sounds about right, they all differ very slightly but not a lot.. can i ask who has hired you? is it an agency or paper??

which ones were yours? i take it the initials at the end of the titles are to ident the tog?

Back