Immigrants Claiming Benefits. The Other Side of the Coin.

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
So, the story is unemployed Britons in Europe are drawing much more in benefits and allowances in the wealthier EU countries than their nationals are claiming in the UK, despite the British government’s arguments about migrants flocking in to the country to secure better welfare payments.

I am used to reading in this forum people moaning about the influx of immigrants to the UK who end up claiming benefits, but do any of the moaners ever consider that the welfare system of other countries are also burdened by Brits abroad claiming benefits? There are people in this forum that cannot comprehend that immigrants claiming benefits is not an exclusively British issue.

If you are one of those that like talking about newcomers to our shores in disparaging terms, just remember there British people claiming benefits too in fellow European countries.

Source.

Thing to point out though is while we take more than we give to say Germany, overall we give out more than we take. You have to look at the whole picture... other wise you can make an argument for anything, especially with statistics. This does also say just JSA, so what about total other benefits (what do other countries give etc...).

Regardless of that, even if we were taking more than we gave that would be wrong, each country should be responsible for their people, or its based on contributions you have made (so if you have been in this country 5 years and contributing you would get some help, certainly more than someone who has been here 6 months).

This is a side take on another theory/truth? that if all the imigrants left this country.. and all the brits came back...this cuontry would be massively over populated.. more than now..

one life.. one world......

Indeed, there are only seven thousand times as many Poles in the UK claiming benefits as there are Brits in Poland. Poland's welfare state must be collapsing under the load of both UK claimants.

I'm not bothered about benefit claimants here or abroad, I am quite bothered about the way journalists respresent statistics. Perhaps I should write to More or less

When I was younger and still a student I worked one summer on a farm that mostly employed Polish workers. For the most part they where all very hard workers and I had no issue with them being in the UK.

The simple fact was if British dropouts got off there lazy ass and worked rather than live off the dole there would be no jobs for the Polish to come over and get.

I do however complains about the UKs ridiculous benefits system. It not only makes it easy for British to become drop outs but it is attracting dropout from all over Europe and the world.

Back