Impromptu Landscape - 3 pictures added

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

My first stab at landscapes, and taken in a bit of a hurry. C+C most welcome.

TMk216Dec09068.jpg

Cheesy

Last edited:
quite like that Cheesy, especially the composition. Your sigs too big though, any chance of fixing :)

quite like that Cheesy, especially the composition. Your sigs too big though, any chance of fixing :)

Composition was a bit of a fluke, but thanks for the comment. I've resized the signature to sub 320 pixels - it looks smaller than some of the other signatures.

Cheesy

From where it was taken, i'd say your composition is fantastic!!(y)

Thanks! As you may have guessed it was from the same vantage point as my recent shots in the Transport section.

What the Exif won't tell you:

Height- 250'
Speed- 420 kts (IAS)

Cheesy

Last edited:
Good capture, that has to be the fastest tripod in Wales (and most expensive!!!).

Thanks for the feedback. This was taken a couple of seconds later:

TMk216Dec09067copy.jpg

Cheesy

No2 is the better of the two IMHO due to the additional foreground interest.

Bloody good job you have got.

Great shots. I guess the canopy has a blue cast to it ?

That can easily be removed ;)

No I think the canopy is clear, but it was an odd sort of day; the clouds to the south of us and the low winter sun cast a lot of shadow in the near ground. I've done some semi agricultural lightening of parts of the image while darkening the sky in PS. Feel free to play with the image and repost if you like.

Ziploc, join the queue I'm afraid! There are only 9 RAF pilots cleared to fly the T2 so there is quite a backlog back seat applicants!

Cheesy

Hi Cheesy. that HDR thing you were asking about in another thread. Well the second image could just be the subject to try it out on. Just create two extra exposures one at -1 stop and one at + 1 stop from the original then go from there. If you need any advice then Google it or utube it.
BTW how about putting Ziploc onto an under wing pylon :) marvelous unobstructed view.

With my belly the plane would not be able to taxi to take off :D

I don't know, we'd have the option of removing the centre-line-tank and fixing you on there, or we could strap you to a wingtip missile rail:)

Cheesy

Anything for a trip threw the loop and a few other sites you see.

3 more shots from that day (well 1 shot with 2 PS re-works)

1. The original

TMk216Dec09058.jpg

TMk216Dec09058copy.jpg

TMk216Dec09058copy2.jpg

C+C, good or bad greatly appreciated.

Cheesy

Back