Insuring items sent by post/carrier

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Going to be sending about £400 worth of kit by RM or a carrier.

Any idea of the best way of having that insured.

Thanks in advance.

Royal Mail Special Delivery covers upto £500.

Just check the terms and conditions though. Avoid parcel2go as the list of stuff they won't carry is longer than the list of stuff they will !

Cheers folks.
RM would be handy. Just a few mins walk to the village PO.
I'll check the terms in case anything untoward.

if it's under 2kg it's £8.50 with £500 insurance, bizarrely if it's over 2 kg it's over £20 with £500 insurance but if you split it into 2 x under 2kg packages it's £17 with 2x £500 insurance.

Only royal mail could organise a parcel service where it's cheaper to handle and insure 2 packages rather than one

if it's under 2kg it's £8.50 with £500 insurance, bizarrely if it's over 2 kg it's over £20 with £500 insurance but if you split it into 2 x under 2kg packages it's £17 with 2x £500 insurance.

Only royal mail could organise a parcel service where it's cheaper to handle and insure 2 packages rather than one

Last item I send was only just over 2kg....cost me £21.bleedin45 :bang:

Last item I send was only just over 2kg....cost me £21.bleedin45 :bang:

I can't for the life of me see why it jumps so much,if they had a £12 up to 5KG service i'm sure they'd get more business, if you posted a brick it'd cost £21.45 but a golf club in a box 10x the size is £8.50 :bonk:

I can't for the life of me see why it jumps so much,if they had a £12 up to 5KG service i'm sure they'd get more business, if you posted a brick it'd cost £21.45 but a golf club in a box 10x the size is £8.50 :bonk:

I'll take your word on that, I've never shipped a brick to anyone, a fair few sellers on Ebay have though :LOL:

I was using a brick as an example of weight V size :rules:

Don't use ParcelForce. The item will get to the receiver broken.

Bugger, I think it will be over 2kg.

Back