iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

Checked my data usage for the last month... just shy of 16GB! I think I'll stay with Three.

My average is 1.5GB and thought that was going some!!

I have a 2GB limit though with Tesco so that stops me streaming loads.

:D

As I said, I love the freedom that unlimited data affords. I'm a 100% torrent free zone as well.

I never really realised how much data I use until I had a month on GiffGaff, used my allowance in a day, realised any deal without unlimited would be a waste for me. I didn't even tether/stream, just a whole day with no wifi.

Oooooh, getting close

i wont get home until 7 so if you can all have it downloaded before then so it doesn't slow mine down that would be great.

kthx

That's about the same time i'll be updating mine. And the rest of the uk i bet

Think I'll leave it until tomorrow. That way I'll find out in advance if there are any annoying issues I'd rather not have to bother with!

In all honesty, 7.0.1 is probably just around the corner so may well wait for that one.

I'm still undecided about the design implementation of 7, so will probably hold off until I've seen it in the flesh before deciding on the download.

Is it really necessary to back up iPhone before updating. I recently had an argument with my laptop and the laptop lost so is now no longer working due to a cracked screen😩 The phone was synced about 2 weeks ago do would I still need to backup??

Is it really necessary to back up iPhone before updating. I recently had an argument with my laptop and the laptop lost so is now no longer working due to a cracked screen😩 The phone was synced about 2 weeks ago do would I still need to backup??

Don't you back it up to iCloud?

It's not essential, but if the download stalls or fails half way through, it's always handy to have a clean install available to restore from in case your phone locks up.

I'd wait for the initial rush on downloads to clear personally if there is no fresh backup (unless you haven't really done anything significant on the handset in the last two weeks), and download tomorrow.

No everything is on my computer. I have a backup external hard drive that has a copy of everything on it, just need a new laptop😳

Turn on iCloud, it doesn't cost you anything. That way when you charge your phone, and it's connected to wifi it'll do a back-up.

You're wasting your time trying now IMO.

Much easier to leave it until tomorrow/weekend to download, when it will likely take 5 minutes if the previous iOS changes are anything to go by.

The update is showing, but not home until 22:30 :(

All done. Iphone 5 took 50mins to download and install. Easiest update I've done so far.

Was gonna leave it until tomorrow but looked at 5:59 and saw update flash up so went for it.

All done. Iphone 5 took 50mins to download and install. Easiest update I've done so far.

Was gonna leave it until tomorrow but looked at 5:59 and saw update flash up so went for it.

I've got my iPad and iPhone going now. What do you think so far?

I've got my iPad and iPhone going now. What do you think so far?

It's different. First time I've been able to say that with IOS.

Like the clean look of messages, calendar etc.

Also like the multi tasking and the way it displays folders and how there's no limits on apps per folder. That's as far as I've got.

keeps failing through itunes but the on device update seems happier.

edit - spoke to soon

Mines getting there very slowly on the devices but both still saying estimating download time after 30mins.

my iPad point blank refuses on iTunes and OTA isn't looking good either. My guess is Apple's Scottish server is a 486 over dial up :p

Edit: iPad is now churning away and reckons 26 hours to download! I'm betting no-one in the world actually has the infrastructure to support this demand.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to bother today but I started it off. Its downloading while I'm doing other stuff. Might be on ios7 by bedtime :)

keeps failing through itunes but the on device update seems happier.

edit - spoke to soon

Mines getting there very slowly on the devices but both still saying estimating download time after 30mins.

ipad has downloaded and is "preparing update"

my iPad point blank refuses on iTunes and OTA isn't looking good either. My guess is Apple's Scottish server is a 486 over dial up :p

Edit: iPad is now churning away and reckons 26 hours to download! I'm betting no-one in the world actually has the infrastructure to support this demand.

I wasn't going to bother today but I started it off. Its downloading while I'm doing other stuff. Might be on ios7 by bedtime :)

I'm similar issues, it started downloading... timed out.... crashed iTunes.... now point blank refuses to do anything :LOL:

It doesn't get better when it gets the time remaining, mines saying 14 hours !

Mine has gone from 3 hours remaining up to 9 hours.

I guess too many people are downloading it to get a decent d/l speed?

Back