iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

I've been an o2 customer for donkey's years, and was waiting for the 5s as my contract is up and I'm ready to jump in to another 24 month one.

BUT I think I'll wait.

I've got a 4s at the minute, and I can't see a need to upgrade. There is a few extra goodies to be had by upgrading, but the cost far outweighs any of them. I've looked into some sim only deals and I can get a GiffGaff sim (which uses o2 network anyway) for £12/month. I'll sit it out and wait for the iphone6

We are with O2 but only have the 4 but I think we ill be waiting or leaving O2 as the prices seem ott and the don't care about customer loyalty

I've tried various networks and moved back to Vodafone. They have the best coverage if you so lots of travelling.

Data wise IMO Three is best. £11 a month for 15Gb data

I've tried various networks and moved back to Vodafone.

dont even get me started on that lot. lying, incompetent, shower of poo of a company.

we were trying to get an iphone on contract out of them for the last 2 months, after trips to the store, many phone calls and complaints/rants later we called Three last night.. 4S gets delivered Friday.

dont even get me started on that lot. lying, incompetent, shower of poo of a company.

Isn't that the truth!

Having been with them since they first hit the high street many years ago I left them about 3 years ago because of the lying and incompetence of the staff and company as a whole.

Good coverage they may have, good customer service they do not!

I agree completely Neil, had a nightmare transferring a phone from 1 contract to another (personal to business), jumped through all the hoops, filled in all the information and they still completely screwed it up.

Sadly I travel all over the country and not always to Towns and Vodafone is always the best so I have no choice. I can choose better customer service but use my phone less, I've tried Three, o2 and Orange before going back to Vodafone.

If you use GG with an iphone you won't get all the facilities it has. GG has never bought the official iphone set up stuff from apple. GG isn't a very reliable network either. They usually have whole days or several hours straight of downtime each year multiple times each year so you can't always use your phone when you need it. Website and goodybag purchase system is also often unreliable. This is why I got fed up and shifted to 3. Even 3 are more reliable!!

If you use GG with an iphone you won't get all the facilities it has. GG has never bought the official iphone set up stuff from apple. GG isn't a very reliable network either. They usually have whole days or several hours straight of downtime each year multiple times each year so you can't always use your phone when you need it. Website and goodybag purchase system is also often unreliable. This is why I got fed up and shifted to 3. Even 3 are more reliable!!

I shifted to Giffgaff as a temporary solution to keep my number after winning early termination from EE at adjudication about 6 months ago. I'm still there as its been perfect service since I arrived.

Coverage has been excellent across the majority of the north of England, worked perfectly in London when I've visited and haven't had a single outage of service.

It's also significantly cheaper than the discounted rate I was on at EE.

I shifted to Giffgaff as a temporary solution to keep my number after winning early termination from EE at adjudication about 6 months ago. I'm still there as its been perfect service since I arrived.

Coverage has been excellent across the majority of the north of England, worked perfectly in London when I've visited and haven't had a single outage of service.

It's also significantly cheaper than the discounted rate I was on at EE.

You've been lucky. I was with them a year and had about 4 outages and many problems. Coverage was better than 3 though. There weren't many places where I had no signal.

Will stick with the note 2 for a little longer.
(my galaxy s3 finally gave up the gost after being dropped down the bog at the new year..)

For all the people cracking screens.. don't put them in your ass pocket and sit down!
I know just as many people with broken apples as other phones doing this

I moved to Three this time around after having Vodafone and O2 previously (both work and personal phones). My experience with O2 was terrible both for voice and data, Vodafone were better at home for voice but the data was shocking (and voice signal at work isn't ideal).

Three I have some issues at home with the signal (my home struggles with reception for all carriers it seems), but the signal at work is flawless. The data rates I get on Three are so good that I have no interest in 4G at all (but as they're adding that at no extra cost I'm not going to turn it down).

Obviously everyone's experience will vary, but unless something changes drastically I'm with Three for life.

For all the people cracking screens.. don't put them in your ass pocket and sit down!
I know just as many people with broken apples as other phones doing this

Front pocket as all my phones have been since my 5110.

Why has this thread descended into a discussion about carriers and tariffs? Wouldn't that be worthy of its own thread?

I have a 5 and wasn't considering another change just yet but I do like the 5S. iSight, security and a more powerful processor to gain the most from ios7 are what I'm looking at.

I don't currently use a security lock although I know I should. Too much faffing about by far, especially when the phone is with me in my study for most of the time. The fingerprint security feature, however, is beginning to make the 5S more attractive and I think would encourage me to implement security. Anyone with views on security and the 5S?

I have a 5 (and have had every iPhone, upgrading on launch) but was thinking of giving the 5S a miss after the event, but watching the videos etc, I think I've managed to talk myself in to spending the £200 to upgrade again, fingerprint sensor would be something I'd use, extra battery life, and the 64 bit is very interesting, camera seems to have benefitted a lot from the extra power.

I was thinking white and silver but quite liking the space grey.

I usually buy my iphones outright. Then I can enjoy the sim-only deals (that I sell) and have a genuinely unlocked phone ready for a quick resale when the time comes.

I not sure the colour matters much as I would immediately put it into a case.

But gold for me anyway :D

I hope the adonised finish on the 5S isn't as fragile as the 5. My 5 is a mess because of it. The 5C actually looks sturdier to me!

I'd stick a case and screen protector straight onto any new phone. Keeps them much tidier than not bothering. Mine is unscathed apart from one scratch on the bottom anodised section. If I've scratched it then it can't be very robust at all!

There are suggestions that the black 5 being discontinued is because of it being prone to scratches. Hopefully the gray is better, although I'm very careful with my phones.

In the past I've used a Sena slip case (because I want protection, but when I'm using the phone I prefer it naked). I like the look of the leather cases, but want to see one in person.

There are suggestions that the black 5 being discontinued is because of it being prone to scratches. Hopefully the gray is better, although I'm very careful with my phones.

In the past I've used a Sena slip case (because I want protection, but when I'm using the phone I prefer it naked). I like the look of the leather cases, but want to see one in person.

I agree, the case sounds nice, being leather it's different, and the microfibre inner should give protection. A bit costly, but definitely something to consider.

I was disappointed with the new phones (as I thought I would be), but I'm very excited about getting iOS7 next week!

Currently have 4S. This was a step up from the 3GS. The 5S doesn't seem to make the same jump in features. I'm prone to dropping stuff so both phones have had heavy duty covers on (eg otterbox), so in mint condition and work fine.

Agree that Apple are no longer making the leaps and bounds they used to.

When you upgrade an android device from old to new is it the device changes that provide the biggest change or is it getting the new OS your old device couldn't handle?

The main difference between my current android and my previous android is the space available for apps and the bigger screen. The difference between my one and new ones? Not a lot.

Wonder when mine will pop up, hope it's before I go to work.

Still torn what to do on Friday. Think if I can get a 5S for under £40/month I might just get one

Oooooooh, just looked. If I throw my old phone in as part-ex I can get a 16Gb for £32/month. Unlimited calls, texts and 1Gb of data. Reckon it's worth it?

That depends. If you talk and text a lot, then it probably is. But if you are online all day, then 1GB might not be enough.

Do you know your current data usage?

Who's expecting download carnage tomorrow then? Lol

:LOL: It's normally a painfully slow experience. Think I'll wait until later on in the evening.

Lots of app updates being pushed through this week (y)

its normally 6-7pm our time.. last big update i ended up doing it the following day because the verification kept timing out.

Yep I often wait until the next day. Saves sitting up beyond midnight. Annoying once you've started and it quotes 3 hours!

That depends. If you talk and text a lot, then it probably is. But if you are online all day, then 1GB might not be enough.

Do you know your current data usage?

That's the smallest one they do on O2 refresh. Don't use mega loads, under 750Mb

Checked my data usage for the last month... just shy of 16GB! I think I'll stay with Three.

I think i'll wait till later on and see how long it takes someone on here to upgrade first. Then i'll start the two iPhones and iPad going.

Wow!

Are you tethering or something, or do you watch tv etc?
Yeah, quite a bit of tethering in there. Streaming the more recent episodes of Breaking Bad etc. I love the freedom that unlimited data provides (though I obviously pay for the privilege).

Back