iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

Been waiting to upgrade but from what I've heard filtering through the only main difference will be fingerprint recogonisition, to me just seem a posh way of putting a pin number in.....apple need to up their game as they're falling behind in the mobile market, the last "big thing" of Siri was, to me, a complete wet lettuce

looks like the finger print (TouchID) is coming?!

Manuel-iPhone-5S.jpg

From what I read on the tech sites, the hardware is going to be a big let down. Unless they pull some mighty great secret out of the bag of course! When it comes to the software, I am really looking forward to moving to iOS7.

Gone are the good old days, when I looked forward to Apple's events, but they've become as boring as the rest :(

Would love them to introduce something new and exciting, but I think I'll be disappointed. :shake:

Strangely I'm more interested in the 5C announcement, I think it might be a more resilient finish than the easily scratched anodising if the 5s retains the same finish as the 5.

That's if we get the 5c announcement as expected.

Rob, S4 all the way, the only thing that lets it down is the plastic finish, I prefer HTC's use of metals etc as they feel sturdy in your hand :)

Contract is up in November, so I'm looking forward to upgrading my 4S. The slightly bigger screen and hopefully an improved camera (f/2 and dual LED flash I'm hearing) are enough for me. Anything else is a bonus.

Interested in learning more about iTunes Radio as well. Toying with signing up for Spotify (I can't get on with Google Music All-Access), just waiting to see what Apple can come up with. A decent product at the iTunes Match price (£20/year rather than £10/month) and I'll probably go down that route as well.

Looking to see what is coming up. New phone time and I've not enjoyed my time with my Google Nexus, either tech has moved on and I'm just not that amazed OR android has a lot of maturing to do, lots of is need dotting and ts need crossing OR I have been converted to the Apple way by my iPad and android just seems odd and slow in comparison.

Also open to Winmo, but the OS is unloved and devices don't seem appealing.

Also extremely interested in an Apple TV announcement.

My upgrade is due now, so I'm looking forward to seeing what real world UK prices will be...

Android still feels like its advanced beta software to me - almost there, but not quite finished yet. I have an android tablet and a iphone 4.

I'm sure one of the presenters said it earlier - and even he was like wtf?

Fingerprint thing might be good technology wise.... but in reality is it really required?

It's just easy, streamlined, this is what apple is all about. The amount of times i get annoyed having to put my passwords in buying apps or whatever, a simple touch will make it quicker :)

Yes, surprising high price on the 5C, it isn't that far apart to differentiate it from the 5S. £469 vs £549, many people will say "I may as well have the performance of the 5S for the extra £80".

Maybe Apples idea all along?

5s 64GB £709.

Up by £10 from the original 64Gb iPhone5.

Over £700 for a smart phone? Why cant apple just put a microSD card slot in it?

I feel a bit chavvy tonight, I quite like the look of the gold 5s.

I'm definitely getting the Galaxy note 3 :coat:

It's just too standard compared to the other model history, I appreciate the idea of biometrics but seriously? :bonk:

The iPhone 5C and those horrible cases feel very un-Steve Jobs and even very un-Apple to me.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Jony Ive is actually trying to covertly cleanse any remaining Legacy of Steve Jobs from the company. The iPhone 5 was allegedly the last product that Steve was quite heavily involved in designing - it's now been dropped, shortest-lived iPhone ever.

Skeuomorphism was also something Steve was huge on, whereas Jony Ive hated it. That's probably one of the driving reasons behind the change in iOS 7, which is something I am hugely looking forward to. Skeuomorphism as a concept is good for introducing people to new things but in iOS it's now been done to death and changes need to happen. We don't need an image of leather and lined paper to tell us that a notes app is like a notepad, not anymore.

Back