Is anyone familiar with building costs?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

A while back I recall finding online some basic figure of £1500 to £2000 per SqM for single story extension building works.

Obviously time has moved on and materials supplies prices have risen.

So, any more up to date experiences & insights would be very welcome.

TIA:)

Where about in the country are you, I think it can make quite a difference? I don't have current figures but up here about 10 years ago it was around £1200/sqm so £2000 doesn't seem unlikely

Where about in the country are you, I think it can make quite a difference? I don't have current figures but up here about 10 years ago it was around £1200/sqm so £2000 doesn't seem unlikely
Thanks.

I am talking southern counties.

We had a 5x6m extension. It started in Sept 2021 and was virtually completed Jan/Feb 2022. Cost was around £40k for the basic shell. It’s a kitchen and we added extra stuff so costs went up - stuff like underfloor heating, porcelain tiles, bifold doors, velux windows etc all were on top.

Don’t forget to include architect and planning permission costs too.

We had a 5x6m extension. It started in Sept 2021 and was virtually completed Jan/Feb 2022. Cost was around £40k for the basic shell. It’s a kitchen and we added extra stuff so costs went up - stuff like underfloor heating, porcelain tiles, bifold doors, velux windows etc all were on top.

Don’t forget to include architect and planning permission costs too.
Thanks for the reply....so around a 5 to 6 months to complete.

So, approx £1350 per SqM

When you say basic shell was that glazed and weather tight (except for the Velux windows), first fix....second fix?

Thanks for the reply....so around a 5 to 6 months to complete.

So, approx £1350 per SqM

When you say basic shell was that glazed and weather tight (except for the Velux windows), first fix....second fix?

It’s a kitchen so the units/worktop/appliances were fitted in February. Everything else had been done by end of January including flooring and walls painted. The only things left after the kitchen was fitted was to make some small adjustments like get island drop lights fitted, wire in security cameras etc.

Back