Is Panamoz "back"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read they're a reliable source of camera equipment. If you dig all the way through this thread I'm sure there are maybe 2 or 3 comments from panamoz customers.

Whatever you do though, don't come on here and start a new thread to say you bought something from them and hope that it stays on topic. It just stirs the big pot of crazy back up again. Every. Single. Time. :bang:

Fair play cheers.

This is a public forum, not the back room of their local where can boast to their pals about how well they did. Buy from HK, smuggle it in, don't declare it, no problem, just don't rub the noses of those who do have the morals to pay their taxes in it with their "I sneaked it past HMRC, I saved £100"

Hallelujah at last we have got to the rub of it, indeed this is a public forum, and providing people are not abusive or break forum rules, they can post what the hell they like, if someone wants to say that bought a xxx lens for £xxx from From digital whoever, and got a great deal, it's not for you to jump on them banging out your opinions, and accuse people of not having morals, just because you decided to pay full wack, YOUR choice THEIR choice live with it !

I would love to know if all the holier than thou, have ever watched a copied DVD, or copied a CD to play in their car, or used a dodgy piece of software on their computer :thinking:

Seriously, if you lose sleep over it why dont you do something about it

+1

Last edited:
Hallelujah at last we have got to the rub of it, indeed this is a public forum, and providing people are not abusive or break forum rules,

Funny you mention that...

The following content is prohibited on talkphotography.co.uk.

Discussion of, encouraging of, or admitting to illegal activities, including, but not limited to :
Copying, distributing, downloading or sharing copyrighted material
Hacked or reverse engineered code (Jailbreaking is OK)
Any other information which the moderators may deem to be illegal or socially unacceptable
Linking to such information

I suppose only to be expected, why would people who don't care about the laws of the country have any respect for the rules of the forum?

Carry on...

You really do love to have the last word don't you, still i guess thats what Trolls have to do !

Why is it, that making folk aware of potentially illegal activities is frowned upon,
but actually knowingly parting or encouraging in those potentially illegal activities, isn't?

Some folk have no morals, that's fine, but stop trying to turn the blame on folk who have!

an amusing random picture

9734782373_eb61ed64b5.jpg
[/url]
dog_with_bone1 by Tony Turbo, on Flickr[/IMG]

A very mature attitude too eh?

I'm wrong, so i'll post a random pic or two. :shake:

A very mature attitude too eh?

I'm wrong, so i'll post a random pic or two. :shake:

I'm wrong about what
the fact that the picture isn't random lol
Surely you're not suggesting that posting pictures on a photography forum is wrong
perhaps we could discuss the British Tax system instead roflol

Last edited:
I'm wrong about what
the fact that the picture isn't random lol
Surely you're not suggesting that posting pictures on a photography forum is wrong
perhaps we could discuss the British Tax system instead roflol

There wouldn't be much point, you actually have to have a basic understanding of finance .....& the law. ROFLMAO ;) :LOL:

Why is it, that making folk aware of potentially illegal activities is frowned upon,
but actually knowingly parting or encouraging in those potentially illegal activities, isn't?

Some folk have no morals, that's fine, but stop trying to turn the blame on folk who have!

Your own constant posting of the prosecution is actually fuelling the fire of the defence. Leave it be and all will die down!!

FFS, if you buy grey,from HK, best of luck to you, but don`t post about your savings on here, you never know who is crawling the web.

If you buy in the UK, best of luck to you too.

Is it really worth so much bloody pigs***.

don`t post about your savings on here.

To be fair though, the only thing about that is, originally it was the whole point of the the thread about Panamoz, their service and price, it's just that some decided to jump on the HRMC bandwagon, i've never bought anything from them myself, thats not to say i wouldn't though, i just think if people want to buy from them, thats up to them, if other people don't that's also up to them, but they shouldn't push their opinions onto others who do by taking the moral high ground, as has been mentioned several times on here, if your not happy with what's been said hit the RTM, it's not difficult :)

Aaah, I see the regular smuggling thread is back up and running.

I do love a bit of pirate action. Yaaaaaar.

I'll just settle down here with a tot o' rum and watch the swashbuckling.

Panamoz are just as legit as Amazon, or Play, or HMV Online, or any other tax dodging channel islands based accountancy store or any other tax dodging corporate that bases their name overseas that people, including a lot of the whiners on here use. Also as legit as their favourite tax dodging coffee shop which they no doubt spend time in while formulating their next fume :)

If its a bargain price, this is a bargain thread, so post it.

Panamoz are just as legit as Amazon, or Play, or HMV Online, or any other tax dodging channel islands based accountancy store or any other tax dodging corporate that bases their name overseas that people, including a lot of the whiners on here use. Also as legit as their favourite tax dodging coffee shop which they no doubt spend time in while formulating their next fume :)

Can you try to be any more wrong? The corporate tax issue is different to the fact that panamoz are helping the buyer evade the correct taxes and duties on the items. UK law won't get near Panamoz but they can get the buyer as the importer...

Here we go again :shake:

Avoidance & evasion are not the same :rules:

To be honest panamoz are no worse than a lot of other grey sellers and better than some ( at least one (not panamoz) I know of is claiming to include Vat in their prices when they arent actually Vat registered - this mean's they are ripping off everyone who buys from them.)

I have reported this to HMRC , but they say that as the seller concerned is based in HK theres not much they can do

However theres no need for this thread to get so heated - as has been said its an open forum so people can post what the **** they like so long as they stay inside the rules... however as i said on the other thread wouldnt it be better if both sides of this argument gave it a rest.

I'm happy to never mention the import tax/vat thing again... but only so long as those who feel the need to commit tax evasion arent bragging about doing so

Equally if thats not acceptable ive no problem with people continuing to shout loudly about how great it is that they've commited tax evasion , as is their right (the shouting not the evading)... so long as they respect my equal right to express my opinion about doing so

either way theres no call for argy bargy

AS regards panamoz, ive no particular beef with them - if they repay the full and correct ammount of vat/import tax then i'd be happy to use them. I have emailed them and asked them to clarify that point, but have had no reply... draw from that what conclusion you wish (if they don't repay it - and they don't have a legal obligation to do so - then thats fine, but in that case i'd only use them if the price plus duty was lower than uk pricing)

Last edited:

IRRC HMRC closed the channel island loophole last year ( iseem to recall a whole lot of hoo ha about 7 day shop prices as a result)

Also I don't use the tax dodging coffee shop and won't until they clean up their act

If its a legit bargain price then post it - but the sailent point here is that many grey import prices are not that bargainous once you've added the duty which it is your obligation to pay.

Last edited:
I'm happy to never mention the import tax/vat thing again... but only so long as those who feel the need to commit tax evasion arent bragging about doing so

Equally if thats not acceptable ive no problem with people continuing to shout loudly about how great it is that they've commited tax evasion , as is their right (the shouting not the evading)... so long as they respect my equal right to express my opinion about doing so

:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly my point.

Perhaps those advocating so loudly about their tax evasion procedures should remember another thing, they are threatening the income of those who run TP. In the past Google has stopped Adsense advertising on websites that allow the promotion and discussion of illegal activities.

I've just placed an order for a 6D......fingers crossed they are back.

Ordered a Sigma. 35 1.4 via BT recently took a week to deliver

I ordered a lens from them the other day and had a query about it. Have emailed them twice about it now and got no reply. Have tried ringing the number on the website but no one ever answers. If there is no reply in the morning I am putting in a claim too paypal.

6D was delivered today before 12:15pm. Fantastic service.

Thought i would give my 50mm 1.4 a test on the camera. Seems to have lost the ability to autofocus.....common problem I see. Probably only taken 100 pics with it as well.

Last edited:
I eventually received an email back from Panamoz. My lens arrived okay but there customer service is really poor. I don't think I will be using them again regardless of the keen prices.

I eventually received an email back from Panamoz. My lens arrived okay but there customer service is really poor. I don't think I will be using them again regardless of the keen prices.

I genuinely found panamoz's customer service to be pretty good (and I have very high expectations of CS having done it myself for several years). I'm currently in the process of exchanging on camera body for a different model and they've been extremely helpful and accommodating.

I genuinely found panamoz's customer service to be pretty good (and I have very high expectations of CS having done it myself for several years). I'm currently in the process of exchanging on camera body for a different model and they've been extremely helpful and accommodating.

I am glad your experience was better than mine I found it next to impossible to get the hold of them and when I did I didn't find them to be that helpful.

There are always two sides to a coin. My recent experience of using Panamoz customer service was very good.
I placed an order on Saturday Morning. On the Monday morning I got a confirmation email along with a UPS tracking number which I kept checking to monitor it's progress.
However by the Thursday morning the parcel was still showing as not picked up so I sent an email to Panamoz Customer Service which was answered within an hour.
I was given an apology as there had been a mix up between the courier and the warehouse meaning the parcel was still waiting to be picked up and would now be picked up later that day for delivery early the following week.
As this may have caused me some inconvenience (it didn't) I was also given a £10 discount off my order which was paid direct into my bank account.
The parcel arrived on the Monday morning, 9 days after placing the order even taking into account the delay and two weekends.
I have waited for items from the UK for longer than this.
Would I use them again? definitely.

Panamoz IS back with an unbeatable service. Ordered my Canon 5D Mk3 on Saturday night, confirmation on Sunday, item delivered today (Wednesday).

Think i will be ordering a 6D + 24-105 soon. Probably pay by paypal so i have a bit of security.

Panamoz IS back with an unbeatable service. Ordered my Canon 5D Mk3 on Saturday night, confirmation on Sunday, item delivered today (Wednesday).

Out of interest Jim, did it come with an English manual and charger, it's just that they no longer state this on their ads now.

Not Jim, but my recent purchases have come with an English manual and a UK charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back