Scotland Isle of Mull trip

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
I am going to the Isle of Mull for a week in June with my camera club, i have been trawling the net for ideas of where to go for some photography but there is so much its hard to decide where to go. I was wandering whether anyone on here has any favourite places to visit or any suggestions on what to photograph landscape wise. :help:

Thanks in advance. Kevin.

Hi Kevin (also Perthshire I see)

Are you going from Oban or Lochaline ?

I went up there a while back in Jan 2011. I was hoping for some snow on the tops and some dramatic weather, but it was largely benign. Going in June will mean very early rising for sunrise and out late for sunset. However, lots of time during the day for scouting for sunrise locations.

Pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=8510851@N06&q=mull . The pics should have the location named in the caption.

I found it a bit tricky to be honest. The problem with not having been before was that, aside from internet research it was difficult to work out where to go. As a result, we had a few misses when we ended up in an unisnspiring place at dawn and struggled to find a good composition.

Aside from that, the wildlife was great, with otters, sea eagles, golden eagles, deer etc.

Hi Phil, ye we are going from Oban.

Hi Andy, some cracking shots there, that`s what is bothering me Andy being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It`s difficult to decide on places to go when your not sure what the weather and light is going to be like, i think i will have to look at it more serously nearer the time. At least i have an idea of different places that may be a possibility at when we get there.

Ah I see

I was going to suggest a few places upstream of Lochaline as we stay there regularly but if you're going from Oban it's not really relevant.

Mull is a surprisingly big island. Don't forget to figure in travel times to your plans.

Tobermory is colourful, though small. Duart Castle is worth a visit. Loch na Keal has some great views. Ulva is small and lovely for a walk with your camera. Iona is a must-visit.

Check out this site for photographic tours of the island. The gallery may give you some ideas. http://islandscapephotography.co.uk/photo-gallery.html

Mike

Tobermory early morning with the tide in.

Salen fishing boats (with the tide in)

Carsaig, popular with artists too.

Glengorm castle (good coffee shop!) an "interesting" drive there! :D

Heather

Thanks very much for the information guys, i think i am going to have to book another week at some point because i am never going to see everything i want to see.

Thanks again, Kevin.

Thanks Maggie and Monkeyballs Calgary bay is beautiful Maggie i hope to get there, some great shots there Monkeyballs.

Back