It’s been a while…

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks. It’s been a while since my last post but, having just bought a new camera, I thought I’d say hello!

I bought a Nikon Zfc on a whim last weekend. I saw it in a camera store in Beverley and, having got it in my hands, it so reminded me of the FM I bought in 1979 that I had to buy it.

Yes, I know, there’s perhaps a myriad of reasons I should have chose another camera but there you have it.

IMG_2024-02-04-145920.jpeg

I love the Nikon Zfc. It's got such a classic look.
It was the prime reason for the purchase. My FM, bought in ‘79, cost me about £225 as I recall. At the time it was around two months salary! I was a humble apprentice and my take home pay was around £27 a week .

There probably are any number of reasons, technically, but the most important is that you enjoy it. And having a camera that pleases you is by far the main one.

There probably are any number of reasons, technically, but the most important is that you enjoy it. And having a camera that pleases you is by far the main one.
Absolutely! As you say, technically there’s better cameras out there for the money I’m sure.

However I seldom go to print, most of my pictures are only shared in line so, technically, I do not need a better camera.

My other half has a ZFc and a few times we have been out and about and I've left my kit at home so I've used her ZFc. It's brilliant. Dead easy to use, small and light and the results in Lightroom show it's got some real game under the hood, although I think it's a little hampered by the kit lens. The fact it has those retro cool looks were on her list of reasons. I'm glad you have got something that gets you into the hobby we all love and that's the main thing.

Back