Jacobs stock online auction

Don't forget you have to pay 15%+VAT, + VAT, on top of the winning bid.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE

Buyer's Premium

The purchaser will pay to the Auctioneer a Premium of 15% on the hammer price to which will be added VAT at the applicable rate. The premium is NOT negotiable and is payable by ALL purchasers. The purchaser agrees that the Auctioneer, when acting as agent for the seller, may also receive a commission from the seller.

Value Added Tax

All lots will be sold exclusive of Value Added Tax which will be added to purchasers sale accounts at the standard rate as appropriate (except for the private saloon cars). VAT will be charged to and paid by all purchasers.

Someone may well pick up a bargain Sony 35mm f1.4 lens (currently retails around £950), they've got 7 ex-demos.

Good grief those Leica binoculars aren't cheap either!! :eek:

Hopefully I'll get something back, as one of the unsecured creditors (not holding out much hope mind).

Jacobs must've had some sort of stock agreement with both Canon and Nikon for a sell back.

Lots of Sony stuff there. Wish I had some spare money as it would be worth going along as there are loads of G lenses and A77s...

No nikon.... What do we think is in the auction without catalogues?

Don't think they have any Nikon nor Canon stock at all, based on what I've seen as a creditor, and based on the stock they held in the last few stores when they were trying to shed their remaining stock.

I wonder if any of the good stock was "sold off" during the administration process, I have been told by someone involved in a company going into administration of the sheer audacity they have in cherry picking assets and selling to selected buyers and even themselves before the dross is sent off for auction.

How do you collect the item if you win? Can you arrange for a courier to collect the item?

Just been browsing the lots and for anyone who might be interested I did see a few Canon and Nikon bits on day 3 - I think it was from about lot 1100 onwards.;)

Ex-hire D3X and a few used D3's (watch the ' )

What is the warranty situation with any of the used items? I'm assuming there basically is none whatsoever. The new ones I'm assuming can be registered with the manufacturer as normal...

I went in and saw the "Ex Demo" stuff when I was looking for a 1DIV, and they had them on view before the last shop in Leicester closed down, they were truly awful, no extras was an understatement, most did not have a battery, and were just battered "Ex Rentals" without even the luxury of a body cap, there was no warranty offered or implied, I would say steer clear unless you are very brave, they made me shudder,

Has anyone contacted JLL to see if they can arrange delivery? The catalogue suggests it might be collection only :(

I've a feeling this sale'll attract Ebay fever times ten and most stuff will go for stupid money without people realising they have to pay a big percentage on top and possibly come and pick it up.

There's already a Nex 5 with a week to go which costs the same as one from Jessops Clearance after everything's been taken into account.

Considering the potential for alot of items to be seriously battered with no warranty I'd want to be paying well under half the going rate.

I know where I'd rather be buying from.

Last edited:
I've a feeling this sale'll attract Ebay fever times ten and most stuff will go for stupid money without people realising they have to pay a big percentage on top and possibly come and pick it up.

And there are more than enough dimwitted plonkers out there for both ebay and the Jacobs auction :D

I wonder. I think quite a few folks are going to be extremely disappointed by the time they've actually done their sums. A Bay sale will add another gawd knows what percentage on top of what was paid.

"Ex demo" in particular covers an awful lot of sins and a photo of a box isn't very informative. Not too sure about new/ unsealed either.

They obviously won't have time to describe condition or unbox everything but still.

Last edited:
not sure where the 'no canon/nikon' has come from. nothing in Day 1 auction but check out the other days are there is plenty there :)

I expect a lot will be bought by dealers - they can buy multiple lots to make it worth the trip to Leicester.

I grew up near there so I'll be giving it a wide berth!

Apart from items in sealed boxes the rest will be "sold as seen" and in most cases all you are seeing is a box! so no guarantee that what you are buying is undamaged, complete, or actually works is the way I read it!

Well I'm bidding on a few items that I've planned on having in my kit bag in the future but I've set my limits so if they go over then I will not be owning any of them (y) and anyone that cannot work out the charges want's shooting anyway (y)

Unfortunately no Nikon or Canon....but some good access....and maybe something on the sigma line.......looking for the Billingham and Manfrotto myself

Check out the catalogue - A few canon and nikon bodies and some sigma lenses

Only issue is now everyone is bidding here against each other lol

And every other forumite across the web :)
I'm not really looking for anything so won't be bothering.

And every other forumite across the web :)
I'm not really looking for anything so won't be bothering.

exactly, now who just out bit me :bat: :LOL: I'm not actually in need of anything but wouldn't mind adding a few primes into the camera bag at a reasonable price :cool:

Spoke to them today and they have hundreds of registrations so dont think there will be many bargains!

Spoke to them today and they have hundreds of registrations so dont think there will be many bargains!

I think that's to be expected ;) I'm just trying to decide if I want to try for some film stuff as I would really like to give it a go :cautious:

Got my eye on 4 lots, I doubt I will get anything for what I want to pay, and will probably end up buying from Amazon or a 'grey' at a later date.

j07cmt said:
Got my eye on 4 lots, I doubt I will get anything for what I want to pay, and will probably end up buying from Amazon or a 'grey' at a later date.

You would probably be better off

Probably, but the missus says I am not allowed to spend any more money on camera equipment at the minute, but this auction is a once in a lifetime chance for me to convince her everything is a bargain..

Back