weekly Jaycee' 52 for 23 .......

Macro is a whole different way of looking at the world and it produces some fascinating images. Works well for the theme.

I like this a lot, fits the theme, minimalist and the orange plane is striking against the blue sky.

Nice one John. Fits the theme perfectly and great spot on the orange plane.

Like the idea and the composition. sky is quite noisy, which I might not have expected so much given the settings.. Have you done much processing to the image?

Thanks for the comments guys. I think I tweaked the jpeg file, or possibly put it through photolemur which popped the clouds a little but made it look noisier.

Week 19 Fragile I have been messing about with this picture of a single seed, kept changing my mind.

Seed 2 by John, on Flickr

Seed 3 by John, on Flickr

They're both lovely. The first would be my choice. I like the simpler background.

Beautiful shots both.

Ooh, that's nice.

Thanks for the comments guys.

The darker background and softer lighting swayed it for me.

Great shot John, definitely the first one for me. The background in the second it too busy.

Another vote for the first as per the other comments on the background. I was drawn to the image though because of the darkness, it's unusual and so demands attention.

Week 20 Robust

Relic to a time when when the docks were exactly that, rather than quayside residential, shopping and recreational areas.

Week 19 Robust by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
Another image I really like, great use of the negative space on left hand side, really good detail and colour in the stone and link. A very strong image all round.

Thanks for the critique guys, the seed took me a bit of adjusting to get the look I was happy with.

And I went out specifically to get the "Robust" shot in the evening. Had a few but remembered some of the comments made on someone elses post
about the use of negative space :)

That's a good one John.
Thanks Bill, I think the focus is slighly soft on the Bee, they didn't stay long on the flower ans I wanted to get the shot

Amazing colour. I agree, the focus seems to by more on the left hand flower but still a good image.

What strong colour and I really like the pollen you can see on the bee's head.

Week 22 Irregular

The pattern of the serrations are regular but the edges are far from it ......

Week 22 Irregular by John, on Flickr

Week 24 Sound

Newly erected fence spanning the width of the field, the posts look very Sound.

week 24 sound by John, on Flickr

Nice picture of the countryside and a good bit of fencing, a relative of mine was a fencing contractor and I used to help out in the summer hols.

Rather those shells on the ground then gun shells...good catch John.

I like the image with the fence leading the eye across it.

Week 25 "Snappers Choice" Tech' Close up

Could do with some help on i.d. ing this damselfly thanks

Week 25 snappers choice by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back