Jessops. 8gb. Sandisk Ext. III CF card. £27.50 or less collected

interesting
could be the old stock.
that would be an interesting point if they are selling the 30mb/s and older without training their staff, or differentiating them. Still might be pushing out stock for the new 60mb/s one

30 quid on play for ages, if you can't get your fix in store

p.s now "No Longer Available for Home Delivery"

Definitely old stock. Sandisk don't make Extreme III and Extreme IV cards any more - just Extreme and Extreme Pro.

Even so don't think they will be past their best before date.:LOL:
If your local has them in stock it may be worth a look you may just get lucky and get the newer faster version.

Wife was going to check but she's been involved in an rta, she's ok but car's poss write off drivers door/wing V70; so her shopping trips been curtailed.:shake: See how good swinton/aviva are now.

Last edited:
ta, just picked mine up :)

the older one, I got the last one in the shop, to the dismay of the guy who handed it over :D

Stop trying to tempt me just before christmas, thats so not fair.

30mb's boxed from Guildford Jessops.

£26.12 in-store less £1.83 TCB = 24.29

Last edited:
Reduced to £22 now so £16 after discs. Sorry £19.56. £1.50 cb 8% & £0.94 5% at checkout/

Last edited:
Well this has saved me more cash as I have been able to change my order to the new price! :)

If you can find a PCworld with one in stock, they'll pricematch and knock off another 10%

No. I couldn't be bothered to argue with the chap behind the counter, especially as I could see one was an 'Extreme III' mb/s and the other was the newer 'Extreme' 60mb/s...

Lucky bugger, lets hope I get the same tomorrow when I collect :D

I've just ordered an Extreme ... I hope they don't try to give me Andrewc's Extreme III when I pick it up tomorrow!

My daughter has just brought me my 8Gb SanDisk Extreme III 30Gb that she collected from Jessops. No 60Mb per second one for me :)

Just ordered an 8gb one for £20.90, will see which version it is when I collect it in the morning........(fingers crossed!) (y)

Its going to probably be the 30Mb Extreme III. Anybody not getting that one has probably been the lucky subject of an error :)

I was pleased when I got a 4Gb Lexar professional card for £19.99 last week then this thread happened so I bought an 8Gb Sandisk! Now I have Sandisk 4 and 8 Gb Extreme IIIs plus the Lexar. Its strange but I cannot really see any difference in speed between any of the cards. The Lexar is quoted as 300x which is 45Mb per second so 50% quicker but can't see any difference either in the camera or on the computer.

I was pleased when I got a 4Gb Lexar professional card for £19.99 last week then this thread happened so I bought an 8Gb Sandisk! Now I have Sandisk 4 and 8 Gb Extreme IIIs plus the Lexar. Its strange but I cannot really see any difference in speed between any of the cards. The Lexar is quoted as 300x which is 45Mb per second so 50% quicker but can't see any difference either in the camera or on the computer.

Obviously your camera setting the pace rarther than your cards....buffer is huge on the D700 so the write speed on the card shouldn't make much difference!:shrug:

Hi Guys don't forget to use topcashback or quidco for another £1.50ish off and see Bigbigblue's thread post 14 re. Ext 4's if you need faster cards.

Obviously your camera setting the pace rarther than your cards....buffer is huge on the D700 so the write speed on the card shouldn't make much difference!:shrug:

Well, I've never been too sure about Lexar's quoted speeds! Where you should see the difference in-camera is the time taken to clear the buffer once it's full.

As for speed differences on the computer - you'll only see those if the card is the bottleneck, which is most unlikely. Unless you're using FW800 or eSATA then your card reader will be limited to anywhere between 10 and 30 MB/s

Now down to £22, collect in-store only.

Well, I've never been too sure about Lexar's quoted speeds! Where you should see the difference in-camera is the time taken to clear the buffer once it's full.

As for speed differences on the computer - you'll only see those if the card is the bottleneck, which is most unlikely. Unless you're using FW800 or eSATA then your card reader will be limited to anywhere between 10 and 30 MB/s

This was the point. Why spend stupid amounts of money on ultra fast cards for no benefit. I tested the in camera speed by filling the buffer and timing the clearing speed which is about the same on every card I tried.

I had an 8 gig Extreme III ordered from Jessops in Cambridge.

Got there and they couldn't find them, and when they did find my order they'd stuck the "Collect in Store" receipt on a 8Gig 60MB/s 400x and wouldn't honour the price.

They eventually did me the 8GB 60MB/s 400x for £30, which I guess is still OK but bit annoyed!

Thanks for pointing out this offer, very tempting. But do I need more memory at the moment? (Currently have 3x 4GB Extreme III's, the 30mb/s versions)

And do I go for the 4GB Extreme IV, 8GB Extreme III or pay the extra £10 for an 8GB Extreme IV? (I currently have a 40D, but plan to get a 1Ds MK2 in the next 12 months.)

Hmm, decisions...

Andrew - if you can get another one of those 60 mb/s cards for £22 I'll buy one from you ;)

I have a 16Gb Kingston one, but the data transfer rate from card to PC is very slow compared to the smaller sandisk ones I have, even when copying the same amount of data.

John

Back